Biwiring into A & B binding posts.

It says that I do in my profile. I don't often metion that I do and I never ever mention who I work for. But if you want to buy any exotic, high margin cables...:devil:

Originally posted by Alan_eye
Jase, I have the speakers all set to small and set A for the rears. I have a pair of small Denon speakers wired to the surround backs. I have a RELQ100E wired in to the mains and the phono for the low level bass. I removed the bridges (I may be thick at all this, but not that thick :D
Alan

Sorry, didn´t mean to suggest you were thick!:eek: Just getting an idea of whats where!

Ok. By having Surround A selected there is no info at all going to Surround B (they´re inactive) and hence your main speakers are receiving no signal from them.

As to why it sounds ok, I can only suggest that the majority of the bass is handle by the sub, for movies the centre channel is usually the most active with dialogue & effects. Somewhere along the line you must be missing either treble or midrange info in the main left & right channels (depending on which speaker terminals you had connected to Surround B on the amp).

As mentioned before, if bi-wiring your mains is what you want, just double-up the cables at the amp end & then connect up to the relevant terminals of the speakers.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom