1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biwire vs "Doubling -up" Single wire

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by simonleemd, Oct 29, 2004.

1. simonleemd

simonleemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    undefinedHi,I am a newbie. I like to know better about the benefits of Biwiring the spkr.
    it seems that the plausible sonic advantages/or upgrades of Bi-wiring is just one is using larger diameter of spkr cable comparing to using Single cable (lets say - "doubling-up" a 9 gauge cable would equivalent to using 6 gauge cable ?). I have been contemplating of getting my Analysis Plus Oval 9 spkr cable upgrade to a Bi-wire Oval 9 (I have been using single AP Oval 9 for few years with satisfaction, just couple weeks ago, I upgraded my spkr/its Biwireable ; have been anxious to get the new spkr Biwired,YET rather skeptical; on account of possibility of the Bass become leaner-sounding with Biwire; so afarid of gaining improvement on highs and mids ranges but loosing Bass )
    Bottom line of my question is : IF Biwiring my Zingali Prelude.4 spkr with AP Oval 9 cable end up with lean-Bass ;would it be possible to at least getting "equally good Bass " as it is (now) with Single Wiring ?? - I mean I stack up the spades and keep the jumper connected in place(doubling the Single-run so to speak)?;while still getting sonic upgrades on the highs and mids ?(BTW,my spkr is 2-way,with Wooden Horn tweeter, compression-driver, Floorstander)
    I really need your expertise opinions, explainations, and suggestions with much appreciation, anticipation and thanks in advance

Simon

2. David_of_Surrey

David_of_Surrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6