Biwire guides?

R

rp71

Hi,

Does anyone know of anywhere that will help me to biwire my speakers. I have the speakers, I have the wire, and I have the Denon 3802 Amp, but have no idea on biwireing

Cheers

Richard

RP71,

If a) you use adequate gauge cable for the required length and b) the wire has lower series impedance than the source impedance of the power amp – both of these criteria being met by any sensibly engineered cable – then bi-wiring has no benefit (audible or electrical) whatsoever. Bi-wiring is, for all intents and purposes, just a way to get folks to purchase twice as much wire than they really need.

Since we last discussed this on the board, I did a little digging and found a number of electrical studies into the mechanics of bi-wiring, some of which contain formula explaining the principals involved. I can try to post one if anyone is interested. A word of warning, even Carol Vorderman would have trouble with this stuff…

Stuart M. Robinson
SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

I am interested, please put the reply into my question which I will be posting soon in the speaker and subwoofer forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom