1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biwire guides?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rp71, Mar 4, 2002.

1. rp71

rp71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anyone know of anywhere that will help me to biwire my speakers. I have the speakers, I have the wire, and I have the Denon 3802 Amp, but have no idea on biwireing

Cheers

Richard

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
  3. Stuart M. Robinson

Stuart M. Robinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RP71,

If a) you use adequate gauge cable for the required length and b) the wire has lower series impedance than the source impedance of the power amp – both of these criteria being met by any sensibly engineered cable – then bi-wiring has no benefit (audible or electrical) whatsoever. Bi-wiring is, for all intents and purposes, just a way to get folks to purchase twice as much wire than they really need.

Since we last discussed this on the board, I did a little digging and found a number of electrical studies into the mechanics of bi-wiring, some of which contain formula explaining the principals involved. I can try to post one if anyone is interested. A word of warning, even Carol Vorderman would have trouble with this stuff…

Stuart M. Robinson
    SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I am interested, please put the reply into my question which I will be posting soon in the speaker and subwoofer forum.