1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biwire cabling

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by daren jackson, Oct 18, 2002.

1. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new AV room with speaker terminals in each corner which have been biwired back to the AV pre/power amps. The speaker wire is the QED Silver Anniversary. I then only need about half a metre of bi-wire cabling to each speaker - what do people recommend?

Attached Files:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I presume you are meaning what cavble to run from wall sockets to speaker? In that case, the same cable as you already used! :D

ad

3. Burt

Burt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Darren,

Who makes the speaker sockets? I'm building a house and want to conceal all cables.

Thanks

Ian

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can make those sockets yourself, components can be purchased at electronic shops. Just need a dummy socket, the terminals and some handy-man skills.
    There are also some manufacturers of AV sockets and accessories who offer those (e.g. GIRA, but don't know if they are available in the UK).

You may also want to try hand-marts ... perhaps they have something like that in the electrical department.