• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

biwire cable whats good value at the moment

gtimadman

Standard Member
currently running gale 315 strand sttuff nice andd chunky but the lengths are to small for my new place apaart from van dame whaat else is good valuye at thee moment

will be used to power two dali suite big speakers from a yamaha rvx2065 biwred amp

cheers

andy

Alan Mac

“Bass Enhancement Speaker Cable” is yet another figment of an advertising department’s imagination.

It is not possible to enhance bass frequencies using loudspeaker cable, irrespective of the conductor cross-sectional-area (CSA).

The best value loudspeaker cable I have come across is this [2.5 mm² CSA] from TLC:

79 Strand Twin Fig 8 Speaker Cable

Alan

gtimadman

Standard Member
cheers mate
the description for that should read ' wont hold your bass back as much as thinner cables ' lol

Was after bi-wire specific cable mate

I wasnt sold on the 'bass enhancement' more the style as looks like my old gale but unless my maths are wrong 3x 0.5 is only 1.5 csa which isnt much?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I've merged your 2 threads as they were both asking the same question.

Maxson

currently running gale 315 strand sttuff nice andd chunky but the lengths are to small for my new place apaart from van dame whaat else is good valuye at thee moment

will be used to power two dali suite big speakers from a yamaha rvx2065 biwred amp

cheers

andy
I think this is equivalent to your old cable: Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY BI-WIRE | Speaker Cable Per Metre | Richer Sounds

This? Gale XL160-2 bi-wire speaker cable. 4 metres x 2 | eBay UK

This? Although the thickness of the wires it says mm and not mm2 so it's quite hard to work out what the overall mm2 would be. Fisual Dualcon Bass Enhancement Bi-Wire Speaker Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom