1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BiWire Cable Advice Needed (60 Metres)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by MapsonNo, Aug 13, 2005.

1. MapsonNo

MapsonNo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading these forums with interest, a big thank you for educating me in the myth of high cost cables. I've ordered a BK XLS200 subwoofer with the money I will save :)

I need to biwire our two systems (music and 7.1 homecinema) and require around 60 metres of cable in total! The idea of using Cat5e, while appealing, would be very bulky and visually not acceptable to my other half.

I've narrowed the choice down to 4 core cable, each core being around 2.5mm. I have two choices within my price range(£130):

4 core mains cable (4 x 2.5mm - 35 strands each core)
    4 core OFC speaker cable ( 4 x 3.0mm - 390 strands each core)

I'm leaning towards the latter, has anyone tried 'Sound Stream OFC cable JY-01399-4'?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5797661142

EDIT: Updated code to JY-01399-4

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    MapsonNo

No idea on the SoundStream cable - not much tech spec to go on.

A slightly more costly option is the VanDamme Black Series 4x2.5mm pro speaker cable; do a quick 'search' here on AVForums and you should find positive feedback from satisfied users.

Best regards

Joe

3. MapsonNo

MapsonNo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the information Joe, I'll have a read through the forums now. If I can't find more information out about the Soundstream cable I'll most likely go with the Black Van Damme.

I've managed to track down the full product code for the Soundstream cable, hopefully I can find out more information about it. It comes in 2 core, 4 core and 6 core variant, the full code for the 4 core is JY-01399-4