1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit of speaker advice please!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by the_dead_parrot, Jan 9, 2004.

1. the_dead_parrot

the_dead_parrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im fairly new to this home cinema malarky but got a aego p5 system, iv been trawling round the forum looking for tips on how to set the speakers out, and i think iv got the angles and heights about right? e.g. 30 degrees either side for front (couldnt manage that on mine i hope 25 is enough???) and 110 degrees both sides behind you... can you just give me some advice on whether there iv interpretted this info right, or is there any better way to do it?

one thing i cant find much info on is sub placement, wheres the prefered position? or is it just a case of trial and error

[​IMG]

the problem im having though atm is the rear speakers should be wall mounted but the terrible speaker brackets supplied with the system only move in 40 degree increments and none of them point to the seating position (do i want them angling downwards towards my ears or should they be upright?) does anyone know of any small wall mounted speaker brackets that can hold the satellite speakers as nothing is turning up...

thanks for any help

2. munkay

munkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think the sub should be outside the fronts - perhaps beside the wall in the bottom right

3. the_dead_parrot

the_dead_parrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers do i want it so that its not facing me then? i.e. that gap inbetween the wall and bed so its firing accross the room? or should it be placed in the gap between wall and FR speaker

any suggestions?

4. munkay

munkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just try messing about with different positions to see what sounds best.

If its front firing then try setting it facing out same dir as fronts with phase set to 0 and a bit away from the wall then go from there. May sound a bit boomy if facing wall.

5. mightyal

mightyal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i read that if you place the sub in your listening position and wander about the room then the bassier the sub sounds the better that spot is to place it. Does that sentence make sense?