Bit of advice needed with a US copy of SM Galaxy

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by Syph0n, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Syph0n

Syph0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bonjour! :hiya:

My lovely fiancee ordered me a copy of Super Mario Galaxy through the Amazon UK marketplace on the 8th December. Unfortunately, it took forever to be delivered and only arrived this Monday :(

Worse still, the game is the US version (did you see the clue in the title? :D). The seller didn't state that the game would be a US version, so cue an email from me to them asking for a refund based on this, and they have... and told us not to return the game!

So this leaves me with an unusable US copy of Super Mario Galaxy. I'm going to attempt to get a UK copy from Asda today or tomorrow, but I need a bit of advice as what I should do with the US version.

Here are my options, as far as I can see:

1) Buy the UK version from Asda (etc), but swap the disc and take it back. Be £30 in pocket, buy Zack and Wiki when it's released.

2) Ebay it. I've never sold anything on Ebay before though.

3) Keep it and buy a disc, if possible, that allows you to use US games (not really interested in this).

Feel a bit awkward about option 1, although it would give me valuble pennies for more games (or the kitten's injections). The missus is worried I'd be arrested for fruad!

Any further options?

2. Sanders79

Sanders79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    Hiya,

Not sure you would be arrested for it, but it's v dishonest and could come back to you eventually somehow if/when Asda/whoever return it to their supplier.

I'm sure there is some way Amazon can step in and sort it out for you per their "A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee Protection" - I reckon if the seller didn't advertise it as a US version then it nicely fits Amazon's definition of being "materially different". Probably a bit of a faff but at least your fiancée won't lose sleep waiting for a knock at the door.

Take a look at this page for some ideas - I think getting it sorted via Amazon is your best bet initially.

Hope this helps!

3. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +538
    It sounds to me like the problem with the Amazon seller has been resolved (they refunded the money) - the question is more what the OP should do with the US Mario Galaxy.

My best advice would be to eBay it (highlighting that it is the US version).

4. Syph0n

Syph0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, it's resolved. They've just told us to keep the game and will refund us. Instantly softened my stance to what I orginally thought was a shoddy company.

I really should Ebay it, but I suppose I'm being a big wuss having never done it (or lazy...)

5. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    You could always try and sell it on the classifieds here. Plenty of members with a US Wii:)

6. Sanders79

Sanders79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    Doh! Sorry, full of cold overdosing on day nurse at the moment so I didn't read properly :suicide:. I'm surprised they don't want it back as I am sure they would sell it again easily. You could always try to sell it on Amazon Marketplace!

I reckon the classifieds on here are a good bet. Or get a friend with an eBay account to sell it for you if you don't want the hassle of setting up your own. Either way, someone will definitely snap it up.

7. Syph0n

Syph0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As suprised as I was!

Very clearly states on the email that nothing is required to be returned. If I just stuck a buy it now of £30 on it would it shift?

8. Sanders79

Sanders79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    Just have a try in the trading forum on this site. I reckon you would get £30 for it no sweat if it were a PAL copy - no idea how easily people with US Wiis have been able to get a copy.

I paid £32 for my used PAL copy, but perhaps I have more money than sense (not saying much today, based on my earlier post!).

9. bluraymond

bluraymond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
  10. Syph0n

Syph0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6