1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit of a newbie speaker question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Conanius, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Conanius

Conanius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    afraid I dont know my speakers from my elbow or somesuch so i need a bit of help please

ive got a musical fidelity amp (its a B200 intergrated amp) which ive got linked up via some ixos speaker wire (its like braided silver) to some wallmounted speakers.. now I wanna get some new speakers... whats the best ones to go for.. I listen to metal type music... afraid I really dont know if what Ive got is anygood... help anyone :confused:

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Floorstanders (one's that stand on the floor...sorry ;) ) are a good bet for metal music although they'll serve other types of music really well.

You really need to tell us what your budget is.

3. Conanius

Conanius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well say up to 250-300 for the pair?? seem reasonable?? I want wall mounted tho due to lack of space :suicide:

4. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The B&W 600 series 3s get my vote for that type of music.

602s are fantastic IMO - £299, but maybe a bit large to wall mount. 601s are smaller at £249, and 600s smaller still at £199. Got mine from Sevenoaks, with £30 of free speaker cable per pair.

Some like 'em - others don't, but should defo be on your list for that price range and type of music.