• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Birthday ideas - 16 yo lad

AnilS

We are struggling with what to get our lad for his 16th Birthday this June.

He keeps saying he doesn't want anything (he has most things like phone, tablet etc....)

For our older son, when he was 16, he got early learner driving lessons and loved them. This one has no interest in driving at all. He seems to have no interest at all!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

shodan

Distinguished Member
CBT and moped? Flying lesson?
Some sort of day out at his favourite place? Do you know any parents of his friends you could ask?

oakland

How about a parachute jump for charity? It will take the emphasis off of him (since he wants nothing) and focus his mind to raise as much as possible for a charity of his choice giving him a sense of decision making. Have it filmed and stick it on Youtube. He'll be a hit with his mates for doing the jump and have something for prosperity that he can always look back at in years to come and say "I did that!"

If it's a local charity, arrange to take him to their headquarters say just before Christmas to see the difference the money he raised made. I think he will be quite humbled and have learnt a valuable life lesson about caring for others and be well on his way to becoming a fine upstanding young man.

Failing that, a strip club!:laugh:

Best of luck :)

AnilS

How about a parachute jump for charity? It will take the emphasis off of him (since he wants nothing) and focus his mind to raise as much as possible for a charity of his choice giving him a sense of decision making. Have it filmed and stick it on Youtube. He'll be a hit with his mates for doing the jump and have something for prosperity that he can always look back at in years to come and say "I did that!"

If it's a local charity, arrange to take him to their headquarters say just before Christmas to see the difference the money he raised made. I think he will be quite humbled and have learnt a valuable life lesson about caring for others and be well on his way to becoming a fine upstanding young man.

Failing that, a strip club!:laugh:

Best of luck :)

Liking the strip club although I need to vet it first ;)

He's got his eyes on one already!

Give him some money so he can take her shopping. Then tell him to mention to her that he loves shoe shopping, talking about his feelings and what she thinks about absolutely everything.

He'll be grinning like a Cheshire cat in no time.

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Tickets for a gentlemen's smoking weekend in the 'Dam for him and older brother? There's a coach leaves Victoria every Friday ...

Alty08

A stripper and him out of the house :thumbsup:

Corrected that for you....if he doesn't want anything then have a very happy proxy birthday....

Get him exactly what he wants...nothing :D

My Dad that with me when I was a kid. I opened my birthday present to find an empty Action Man Artic Solider box. My dad said .. "he must have deserted".

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom