Birds of Prey Review & Comments

not read the review as I've seen the film and the best you can say about this film is that its boring, 8? lol

Seen this today and it’s absolutely awful! 5/10 at best. The characters are thoroughly unlike-able and annoying, to the point it being migraine inducing.

Let’s get back to discussing the film please. Less of the politics bs.

When the actors of the film give interviews saying the film is about how stunning and brave it is highlighting how Misogynist men are then it's fair to discuss the politics of the film because they shoved it down our throats first. I've not seen the film and I'm not planning to see it I'm tired of these egotistical virtue signallers and it's obvious from box office numbers that real people not Twitter warriors aren't interested in paying for it either neither men or women 😂😂😂😂

When the actors of the film give interviews saying the film is about how stunning and brave it is highlighting how Misogynist men are then it's fair to discuss the politics of the film because they shoved it down our throats first. I've not seen the film and I'm not planning to see it I'm tired of these egotistical virtue signallers and it's obvious from box office numbers that real people not Twitter warriors aren't interested in paying for it either neither men or women 😂😂😂😂

Yes agree.

I would so much like to not have to discuss politics but when the Directors, Studios and Actors are actively marketing an agenda then how can you not discuss it?
Surely Hollywood are seeing all the woke films massively under performing. It's not because they have female leads. Did Alien/Aliens flop? No.
Just make entertaining movies with strong female characters without pushing an agenda.

Having seen the film twice now, and read the review a couple of times, I pretty much agree with Kumari. The only things I'd pick up on (as already mentioned several times) is that there are plenty of upbeat, fun and colourful male oriented comic book films. However, all the grim and bleak ones (Joker, Logan, The Dark Knight, Watchmen) are indeed male-centric, so perhaps that's what she's referring to.

Regarding the film's anti-male sentiment (treading very carefully) I don't think there's a right or wrong response to that. Some people aren't in the least bit bothered, others are. I'm somewhere in between, erring towards the former. I wish it was less on the nose, but I can live with it.

But I'd urge anyone still on the fence to not let this issue stop you checking out the film. It's a great time.

I stayed till the end credits last time, did anyone else stay to be trolled? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of politics, news and factual viewing to be had in life.

For me Scifi/adventure/comic book Movies and TV should be escapism and entertainment. I'm not paying money to have another political message pushed at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reverse the genders and you have a man going round murdering stereotyped women only and uproar ensues.

It's all got a bit absurd now and the box office is the true measure.

For balance approx 33% of domestic abuse in the UK is on men and the recent Amber Heard allegations/recordings only highlight reality.... Will she get the same treatment as a man in the same situation... Let's wait and see

Reverse the genders and you have a man going round murdering stereotyped women only and uproar ensues.
Ask yourself this - how many films have you seen where a man goes around murdering stereotyped men? Why shouldn't a woman do it for a change?

Now if she is murdering them because they are men and for no other reason then fair enough, but if as I suspect (I've not seen it so feel free to correct me) she is murdering them because they themselves are murderous comic book goons then I'm not sure that is particularly contraversial.

Ask yourself this - how many films have you seen where a man goes around murdering stereotyped men? Why shouldn't a woman do it for a change?

Now if she is murdering them because they are men and for no other reason then fair enough, but if as I suspect (I've not seen it so feel free to correct me) she is murdering them because they themselves are murderous comic book goons then I'm not sure that is particularly contraversial.
I said reverse the genders both assailants and victims.....

Well you're not alone I did not enjoy it, even though the consensus here think it one of the best if not the best superhero film.
Logan was top notch I think. It comes down to if you like fantasy with some adult realism (agreed this is a little contradicting) or a bit of a laugh like spiderman which my wife and i cannot get through despite our best efforts to enjoy it

I wonder if the female leads who make great jobs in movies really like this stuff about promoting women in film. Does that not suggest they only got the parts because they are women. A bit insulting I think. I will watch the movie at some point later for sure but I liked the characters relationship development with the crazy joker in suicide squad which i think i will miss in this one. But you never know till you watch it for sure :cool:

Logan was top notch I think. It comes down to if you like fantasy with some adult realism (agreed this is a little contradicting) or a bit of a laugh like spiderman which my wife and i cannot get through despite our best efforts to enjoy it
I like mine more in the middle at the comedy end Guardians of the Galaxy got it absolute spot on, Thor Ragnarok though they over egged it which looked as though they were trying to put as many laughs in as possible and did not seem natural but heck it was best loved by the masses of the Thor series. Logan at the other end too bleak and I never really enjoyed comic issues set on the future about when the hero's get old.

I liked Guardians even though it was quite jokey. Thor Ragnarok we could not get through again. I worry about the future though with too many political agendas making the new movies. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have good stuff to come after Endgame, a tough act to follow

I like mine more in the middle at the comedy end Guardians of the Galaxy got it absolute spot on, Thor Ragnarok though they over egged it which looked as though they were trying to put as many laughs in as possible and did not seem natural but heck it was best loved by the masses of the Thor series. Logan at the other end too bleak and I never really enjoyed comic issues set on the future about when the hero's get old.
I liked Guardians even though it was quite jokey. Thor Ragnarok we could not get through again. I worry about the future though with too many political agendas making the new movies. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they have good stuff to come after Endgame, a tough act to follow

Guardians we love & watch reasonably frequently. Same with Ragnarok, but view Ragnarok more as a one-off (Like a jokey episode in a good Sci Fi series - Star Trek's The Trouble with Tribbles, for example?). I wouldn't want every Thor Movie to be as comedic as that.
Also really liked Logan, but definitely one I could only watch occasionally - it was done too well to not watch again, but it's a depressing Movie, for sure.
Spiderman I could never get engaged with, except his appearances in the Avengers Movies, where I really liked him, sort of "that's enough of that character for me in one go".
Endgame on? Interested to see what direction they go.

Peeps for a DC film we got on chatting about Marvel, though been way more pleasant chat here than on the other Birds of Prey thread.:thumbsup:

Think time we stopped the off topic chat me included ;)

Peeps for a DC film we got on chatting about Marvel, though been way more pleasant chat here than on the other Birds of Prey thread.:thumbsup:

Think time we stopped the off topic chat me included ;)
I stand admonished, fair enough :)

Did anyone get a hint of when this might be released on Disk? I checked my usual go-to sites, but didn't find anything.

Days of Future Past? Another top-notch X-MEN film. Not as dark as Logan, but bleak to be sure. Yet I loved it and regard both movies as a 9/10.

Edit - just read your comment above. Shutting up right now! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Warner Brothers, is that you ?
I was replying to someone who was going watching it. Having not seen the film but seen the trailer i don't think i would like it. I don't like peanut butter but millions do. If someone is looking forward to watching something and then do, that's cool i guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom