• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bird photo competition.

Holowlegs

Hi ya

I know there a few on here who like taking the odd picture off a bird on here. So this is a little head ups.

Digital SLR Users are holding a bird photo competition

This month, we’d like to see you get out and about and shoot us some birds – in a photographic sense, of course… Whether you drag out your hide and do it the traditional way, or take to the streets in your birdmobile for some drive-by birding, it doesn’t matter – as long as you show us some stunning photography of our feathered friends!

The Prize We’ve managed to get our hands on the Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM lens (which is the subject of our Take One Lens feature in this months magazine – take a look for more info on this brilliant little lens!) to give away to the best bird photographer. At f/2.8, this lens is fast enough to even capture those mythical kingfishers – and at 50-150mm, it’s perfect for drive-by birding. The HSM autofocus is ideal for lurking in a hide as it’s ultra quiet and very fast – and as the lens usually retails for £549.99, this is a competition not to be missed!

How to enter If you haven’t already done so you will need to register as a member of dslruser.co.uk and then simply click the link below to submit your image before our closing date of September 20, 2007. One entry only per person please, and the brief is completely open, provided that the image falls under the heading of Bird photography. We’ll be featuring a shortlist of the final sixteen entries on this site two weeks before the October issue is published on the 20th September where one lucky winner will ultimately be chosen to win that great prize and to have their winning entry featured in the magazine.

Rules • The competition is online only and is open to all readers of DSLR User who register their details at www.dslruser.co.uk.
• Images must be the original work of the entrant and must have been taken with a DSLR camera.
• One entry only per reader.
• The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence may be entered into.
• The Sigma prize cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent.
• DSLR User reserves the right to use submitted images on its website and in the magazine in connection with this competition
• Closing date for the competition is September 20, 2007 and no entries will accepted after that date.
• Members of Bright Publishing Ltd and their families are not permitted to enter.

Here the link

Cheers Holo:smashin:

lightpainter

The problem for you Holo is which one of your excellent captures are you going to use?

Holowlegs

Thanks lightpainter:thumbsup:

It always amazes me when I get the great comments on my bird pictures, because I don't think they are that good and I know I can do better. Kind words like yours and from other always help me to try and get that better picture.

By the way I am finding it hard to pick one in the end the wife usually helps out.:D

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

Holowlegs

Hi ya

Having a bit of trouble picking a bird picture for this compo, have narow it down to 2. Might need some help to pick out off these two.

Might rework this one.

Got this back this morining as an A3 print and am very happy with it.

All CC welcome, be as crule as you like.:devil:

Chhers Holo:smashin::smashin:

lightpainter

The swan for me Holo, we’ve all got shots of static owls but the action capture of that swan is perfect, a one moment in time shot that we all aspire to!
Tell me does you lens have an image stabilising function for you to get pin sharp shots of feathers as you do?

Holowlegs

Thanks for looking

Lightpainter I have never used IS, the lens I use is the Sigma 70-300mm APO. I am no expert on lens, the only other lens I have is the kit lens, but I just seem to get on really well with the Sigma.

The Swan picture was only taken at 70mm, the Owl picture was 190mm so not sure if IS would make a diffence at these distances.

Holowlegs

Hi ya

Just an update. Didn't make the last 16 :(, but there some great pictures that did.

Link here

Catwomanglass

Wow!

They are stunning.

I do think your swan is beautiful too though...maybe we should have a bird theme for next months competition!?

Holowlegs

Wow!

They are stunning.

I do think your swan is beautiful too though...maybe we should have a bird theme for next months competition!?

Yes Please :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom