Bipole or monopole for SL/SR speaker 5.1surround

Emeraldpage

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

I have a Frankenstein setup going on and would like some advice please. I have the following.
Sony 7.1 capable 120 Watts/channel
15 year old Jbl center speaker 3 way
Pair of 50+? Year old Kenwood made in Japan, large kabuki speakers being used as front Left/right. These things sound great IMO
Polk subwoofer

My dilemma is my living room squarish 17 x16 wide. Couch is set back two thirds from speakers. I have a picture window on one side and an open Wall on the other. I would like to mount the surround left and right on the back wall which is 5 feet behind the couch. The speakers could be 10 feet apart. I was thinking of buying a pair of fluance sxbp bipole speakers and mounting them there.
SXBP High Definition Bipolar Surround Sound Speakers - Black Ash I have read great things about these speakers but not sure if it would be the best with my setup and layout.

Is my idea decent or Should I just stick with a traditional monopole speaker such as polk TL2, my option two idea, also wall mounted?

I currently have some cheap Sony towers as the surround L/R (not rear) but I would like to get the speakers off the floor and on the back wall.

Any opinions and or questions would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom