Question Bipole for Dolby atmos

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Hi

I have just upgraded my amp to a Sony 4K.

My room is pretty small using SVS fronts with sub, q acoustics for the rear.

I Have some bipole Wharfedale 10s but unsure for the best position....ceiling or wall?

My recliner is 2ft away from the back wall. Just trying to do 5.1.2 to fill the gap in the middle.

gibbsy

Atmos speakers need to be singles as some Atmos effects tend to be very directional. If you could temporarily suspend the Wharfedales from the ceiling then there is nothing lost in trying them out but personally I would go for a directional speaker.

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Atmos speakers need to be singles as some Atmos effects tend to be very directional. If you could temporarily suspend the Wharfedales from the ceiling then there is nothing lost in trying them out but personally I would go for a directional speaker.
Cambridge Audio Minx?

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Bipolar speakers can work extremely well with object based audio.

We install many systems using tripolar and bipolar loudspeakers in object based audio cinema rooms. They are particularly effective in smaller rooms.

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Bipolar speakers can work extremely well with object based audio.

We install many systems using tripolar and bipolar loudspeakers in object based audio cinema rooms. They are particularly effective in smaller rooms.
My room is 2.4m x 5m so I fit the small room bill. The bipolar have a direct firing out of the bottom and then reflected sound out the sides. I’m guess to install them with bottom facing me for direct firing and the sides to fill in the void between the speakers?

Doe it matter if I install on the ceiling or high up on the side wall in a 5.1.2 configuration using bipoles?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom