Bioware Confirms decissions made in Mass Effect will carry other to 2 & 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by SkilledNutter, Jan 21, 2008.

1. SkilledNutter

SkilledNutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I just downloaded the SciVsFi Mass Effect Video from Live and one of the Developers said that Players will be able to carry over their charactors to the next two games and any decissions that they made during the 1st game will carry over to Game 2 & 3 which will make everyones experience slightly different.

Straight out of the Horse's Mouth.

So saving Ash or Kaiden

Killing or Releasing the Rachni Queen

Wrex's outcome

Saving the Council.. or not

etc

These will all come back round and potentially bite you on the bottom.

Awsome :smashin:

EDIT: yeah can a mod fix my blantant spelling mistake in the title lol thanks

2. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    awesome news! might make a second character now though to have a different path open to me

3. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    Wow that pretty cool

4. p9ul

p9ul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Sounds like BioWare are making a rod for their own backs trying to incorporate all the possible outcomes - The Council are a bit of a pain in the first game, if you let them die and put Anderson in charge you'll have a much more free reign...

Interesting that they're going this route though, I'm guessing that the influence will be minimal though...

Wonder if there'll be achievements that are dependant upon actions you do in the current game...

5. Mullet94

Mullet94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Well on my first play through I saved the council and played as a good guy but on my second play through I let the council die and played as renegade. On my third play through know and was probably going to save them but haven't got that far yet. So how will this affect people who play through a number of times with the same characters choosing different scenarios each time?

6. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    What kind of annoys me about this is that i let the council die and i got renegade points. Now i wasn't doing it for the sheer hell of it, i was trying to save humanity!

I'd have loved it if all those who chose to save the council got a separate ending whereby there weren't enough ships left to disable sovereign and the universe was doomed. :devil:

7. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The proper Paragon points were about saving everyone, not just humanity - at least that's what I kept telling Ashley during our post-fraternization cigarette. ;)

As for the second idea, it might have been a winner as a super hard difficulty level...you've let Sovereign beat you, just about scuttled away leaving everyone else to cark it, so you start with one ship, teammates who don't come back to life and every planet crawling with geth and other nasties (even more if the Rachni Queen is a lying get).

8. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    How come i killed about 1000 geth and organics throughout my playthrough then and maxed out my paragon? If it was about saving everybody then i'd have never fired a shot, become a vegan pacifist and let the universe go to pot.

I made a decision damn it and i shouldn't be condemned for saving every species in the known universe. :mad:

Seriously though, much like the KOTOR games very few of your decisions actually do anything significant and the vast majority of dialogue options give exactly the same result.

9. durera

durera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    Having both saved and sacrificed the Council in seperate playthroughs I have to disagree there. The endings are chalk and cheese. Personally I much preferred the ending where I let those Council fools perish :devil:

But I guess if you were expecting that level of consequence from the majority of decisions I can understand why you'd be disappointed. The only game I can think of, that I've played anyway, that ever offered that level of consequence would be the Fallout series. It seemed that every couple of hours I was making a decision that not only determined what I could do from that point on, but also, in hindsight, ruled out dozens of future potential story lines. I really hope the next Fallout game can live up to my expectations :/

10. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Simple - the Geth were trying to allow the Reapers to destroy all life. Stopping them doing it doesn't necessarily make you a paragon, if all you are doing is replacing the current system with one that is just about Earth and balls to everyone else (ie letting the Council get wasted).
    Killing them and establishing a system where Earth is one part of a larger alliance does make you a Paragon, in this game anyway.

Don't forget - there's sh*tloads more Reapers out there, and it'll be all hands/claws/feelers to the pumps then ;)

Plus I'm not wanting to **** off Liara, not when I've spent so long sweet-talking her and she can create black holes...:D