Bioshock: Play and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANGABOY

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Since a few people have started already getting their copies thought I'd start this thread in order to keep any possible spoilers limited to just here

amazing that a game that is so wanted by people never had this thread already, yes i know u need the game but still.....:D

those who have it, is it true there are 70 different types of plasmids in this game?

Since this thread will be quiet until people get the game how about some jokes.

A guy had been feeling down for so long that he finally decided to seek the aid of a psychiatrist.

He went there, lay on the couch, spilled his guts then waited for the profound wisdom of the psychiatrist to make him feel better.

The psychiatrist asked me a few questions, took some notes then sat thinking in silence for a few minutes with a puzzled look on his face.

Suddenly, he looked up with an expression of delight and said, "Um, I think your problem is low self-esteem. It is very common among losers."

I'll get my coat. :oops:

Forget the coat and just get out. :rotfl:

And you start off by saying "A guy had been feeling down..." and then swap to "The psychiatrist asked me a few questions"

Surely not a true story and you're trying to make it into a third-person joke! :D

The psychiatrist asked me a few questions
:oops:

Thanks for sharing that with us, you can say :oops: again.

Back to bioshock, come on you early adopters, any good? I'm seriously thinking of buying this, unable to download demo though:mad:.

Another observant ( & faster) AVfer.:D

Since this thread will be quiet until people get the game how about some jokes.

A guy had been feeling down for so long that he finally decided to seek the aid of a psychiatrist.

He went there, lay on the couch, spilled his guts then waited for the profound wisdom of the psychiatrist to make him feel better.

The psychiatrist asked me a few questions, took some notes then sat thinking in silence for a few minutes with a puzzled look on his face.

Suddenly, he looked up with an expression of delight and said, "Um, I think your problem is low self-esteem. It is very common among losers."

I'll get my coat. :oops:

Your Barred :devil:

how about this one....

Paddy had been drinking at his local Dublin pub all day and most of the Night celebrating Ireland's draw with Germany. Mick, the bartender says, "You'll not be drinking anymore tonight, Paddy". Paddy replies "OK Mick, I'll be on my way then." Paddy spins around on his stool and steps off. He falls flat on his face."*****" he says and pulls himself up by the stool and Dusts himself off. He takes a step towards the door and falls flat on his face. He looks to the doorway and thinks to himself that if he can just get to the door And some fresh air he'll be fine. He belly crawls to the door And shimmies up the door frame. He sticks his head outside and takes a deep breath of fresh air, feels much better and takes a step out onto The side walk. He falls flat on his face. "I'm fockin' focked,"he says. He can see his house just a few doors down, and crawls to the door and shimmies up the door frame, opens the door and shimmies inside. He takes A look up the stairs and says "No fockin' way". He crawls up the stairs To his bedroom door and says "I can make it to the bed." He takes a step Into the room and falls flat on his face.He says "Fock it" and falls into bed. The next morning, his wife, Jess, comes into the room carrying a cup of coffee and says, "Get up Paddy. Did you have a bit to drink last night?". Paddy says, "I did Jess. I was fockin' ******. But how'd you know?" "Mick called. You left your wheel chair at the pub.
:D

how about this one....

Paddy had been drinking at his local Dublin pub all day and most of the Night celebrating Ireland's draw with Germany. Mick, the bartender says, "You'll not be drinking anymore tonight, Paddy". Paddy replies "OK Mick, I'll be on my way then." Paddy spins around on his stool and steps off. He falls flat on his face."*****" he says and pulls himself up by the stool and Dusts himself off. He takes a step towards the door and falls flat on his face. He looks to the doorway and thinks to himself that if he can just get to the door And some fresh air he'll be fine. He belly crawls to the door And shimmies up the door frame. He sticks his head outside and takes a deep breath of fresh air, feels much better and takes a step out onto The side walk. He falls flat on his face. "I'm fockin' focked,"he says. He can see his house just a few doors down, and crawls to the door and shimmies up the door frame, opens the door and shimmies inside. He takes A look up the stairs and says "No fockin' way". He crawls up the stairs To his bedroom door and says "I can make it to the bed." He takes a step Into the room and falls flat on his face.He says "Fock it" and falls into bed. The next morning, his wife, Jess, comes into the room carrying a cup of coffee and says, "Get up Paddy. Did you have a bit to drink last night?". Paddy says, "I did Jess. I was fockin' ******. But how'd you know?" "Mick called. You left your wheel chair at the pub.
:D

was there any reason to make that an irish joke, jason? i mean, paddy and mick????

git;)

I have got just past where the demo finished but tempted to start again try save my health packs and ammo instead of getting killed as i wasn't very good at first :rotfl:.
I want to hear the storyline again so can understand what is going on a bit better as still dont know much about them babies :rotfl:

I started again, I wasn't far in the game anyway and managed to keep more health packs this time and got more of a clue on what is going on in the game.
I shock the enemies then hit them with the crow bar, is that what you lot are doing too or do you hit them a few times with the crow bar then let them swing for you avoid it and finish them off?

I am just where the demo finished about to hack a bot. I curenty have $42, 5health packs and 2 eve.
The game has made me jump a few times already :rotfl:

I'm stuck on trying to get the telekinesis,
Spoiler tags as nobody has yet asked for help, so I dont want people to randomly read this thread and get annoyed at me for it :p
>
It says its down in Dandy Dental, i'm in a dental area next to the surgery rooms (got to go down some stairs to get to the dental). I can't find the telekinesis anywhere.. i've got a section that is frozen over in front of me but i can't figure out how to melt the ice to get passed?
<

Hopefully someone will be able to help me!

no, i've not found that either.. crap. I've searched everywhere I thought of too..

I'm just guessing btw, I've only played the demo, but I gather that the demo is just the first section of the game, so you should be able to find the incinerate plasmid in the early demo sections. Someone that has got the full game may be able to help more. :p

Oh yeah, I remember that being back in the toilets in the demo..

Crap. i'm miles away from it now!

Didn't the demo give you lots of stuff early on to give you a taster of the game, rather than actually refelcting the real game? i.e you get guns and plasmids more quickly than you normally would.

How to get the Telekinesis PLasmid - Spoiler

When you are in the dental surgery area in the corner you will see a room that looks like you cant get to it, if you crouch you will see a crevace- crawl through this and you will see the vial directly in front of you, pick it up and assign.

As soon as you do you will be attacked by 3 splicers so be ready!

How to get the Telekinesis PLasmid - Spoiler

Thanks, I've *just* this minute found it, came here to update my post (computers next to my chair) and haven't left the room yet so no splicers, thanks for the warning!

Now got $129 3 health packs and 3 eve what would you recomend I buy? I have 32 round of bullets and 19 machine gun bulets.

Ah, so I was totally wrong. :p I'm getting out of this thread before I spoil it too much for myself. Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom