Bioshock Game saves disapearing

caz2005

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has this been happening to anyone else. I've put hours and hours into this game because on three different occasions my game save has disapeared and it's, I guess I could say "reverted" to an earlier autosave. :confused:

This is really bugging me because I want to get through the game but I think I'm just going to have to sit down early one weekend and play through to the end in one day. :suicide:

This hasn't happened to me.

Has this been happening to anyone else. I've put hours and hours into this game because on three different occasions my game save has disapeared and it's, I guess I could say "reverted" to an earlier autosave. :confused:

This is really bugging me because I want to get through the game but I think I'm just going to have to sit down early one weekend and play through to the end in one day. :suicide:
Did you choose to save over the autosave slot? I deliberately don't save my progress over the last autosave made, in any game, just incase they use the same save slot for all autosaves.

Did you choose to save over the autosave slot? I deliberately don't save my progress over the last autosave made, in any game, just incase they use the same save slot for all autosaves.

I always think the same might happen too so no, I've been making new saves.

I've always saved over the last autosave - a new one is created each time a new level is entered, and I just overwrite that each time and I've never had a problem.

I always think the same might happen too so no, I've been making new saves.

Is your HD full? or close to full? Could be causing odd behaviour if there's not enough free space to create a new save. Clutching at straws I guess, but can't really think of any reason you'd have this problem.

Is your HD full? or close to full? Could be causing odd behaviour if there's not enough free space to create a new save. Clutching at straws I guess, but can't really think of any reason you'd have this problem.

You know you could be right. Can't prove it yet as I deleted a couple of demos this morning without checking how much HDD space I had but since then I've now gone through Arcadia for the 3rd time, switched off my 360, switched it on and for the first time my newest save was there. :clap:

Lets hope that's all it was down too, HDD space.

If its the same problem ive encountered its not actually losing them, they are being saved with incorrect date/time stamps.
It's because the 360's clock resets each time its powered down (well mine and all my friends seem to) and only if your connected to live will it set the date correctly at boot up.
When you hit continue in the game it takes the most recently dated file. So if last time you played your were not connected to live it will be some date in the distant past.
If you see what i mean.

So you need to 'load' rather than 'continue' and try to figure out which was your last save.
Hope this helps your situation

Don't worry, as Paul said, that doesn't happen, I've saved over autosaves and any new autosaves have entered into a new slot.

I tend to keep a rolling cycle of about 7 saves on the go at once...each time I want to save, I overwrite the oldest one. Works quite well in case you screw up a section - you never need to go too far back.

Good point about the lack of space on the HD...think I'm close to heading in that direction at the moment - I have nine demos and 11 arcade games on my drive. Better delete some before I get into bother.

If its the same problem ive encountered its not actually losing them, they are being saved with incorrect date/time stamps.
It's because the 360's clock resets each time its powered down (well mine and all my friends seem to) and only if your connected to live will it set the date correctly at boot up.
When you hit continue in the game it takes the most recently dated file. So if last time you played your were not connected to live it will be some date in the distant past.
If you see what i mean.

So you need to 'load' rather than 'continue' and try to figure out which was your last save.
Hope this helps your situation

same happened to me, the files are there but the time is wrong :suicide:

whatever happened to battery backed up clocks ?

same happened to me, the files are there but the time is wrong :suicide:

whatever happened to battery backed up clocks ?

I thought the 360 got the correct time from LIVE? So if you do not connect it will start at 12:00 each time you start up.

I thought the 360 got the correct time from LIVE? So if you do not connect it will start at 12:00 each time you start up.

You can set the clock in the System blade, but there will usually be a slight difference between the time you set and the time on Live. To set the clock you need to be logged out of Live.

I always use 2 save files start ur game save it then next time you want to save start a new save file then next time overwrite the old one and so on, this way if you loose one you havent got far to catch up and also helps if you bugger up and need to go back.

I always use 2 save files start ur game save it then next time you want to save start a new save file then next time overwrite the old one and so on, this way if you loose one you havent got far to catch up and also helps if you bugger up and need to go back.

I always juggle saves in two's saving on the oldest file each time, with Bioshock i even went as far as two new saves to juggle per chapter just incase i needed to go back before a point in time for any reason... which i did not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom