Bioshock coming to PS3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misleading thread title, just a rumour, it's not confirmed at all. There have been rumours of Bioshock on the PS3 for about a year now so it may well be true though.

I hope it is; as a massive System Shock 2 fan I would love to see as many people as possible get to play this amazing game.

I wouldn't say it's exclusive just yet even if the devs say it is.. Mercs 2 Assassins creed both stated PS3 only even when devs, reps publishers etc were contacted then they said it was going to the 360 at the last moment i see this going the same way but in reverse.

I find that article on ThreeSpeech hard to believe anyway. Why would Sony release all those big games in the same month when the months to and after will be sparse. Halo 3 is also out in September.

I read Lair was finished, so that should be out soonish.

Hello

Halo 3 been put back to October now so an email from Game says :rolleyes:

"There is currently no indication that BioShock will come out on the PS3. Apologies for the previously inaccurate information."

says the end of the article...

Sorry fellas its old news. I should have updated saying info is false.

Its been confirmed that Bioshock is a 360 / pc exclusive title this year at least. The publisher has confirmed this....

It just shows how little there is comming out on the ps3 in the next 6 months or so that people are clutching at straws for confirmed / near release AAA 360 titles to come to the ps3.....

I cant believe what a mess sony have made of the software side of the ps3 launch. They better get metal gear solid 4 out this year, its the only title at the moment it seems worth owning the console for.

As Bioshock is not 360 exclusive I think we'll see a PS3 release at some point next year - hopefully with Oblivion style gfx / performace improvements...

As Bioshock is not 360 exclusive I think we'll see a PS3 release at some point next year - hopefully with Oblivion style gfx / performace improvements...
Indeed, if you're going to have to wait a year or more for a game, it should have some improvements and tweaks.

Its been confirmed that Bioshock is a 360 / pc exclusive title this year at least. The publisher has confirmed this....

It just shows how little there is comming out on the ps3 in the next 6 months or so that people are clutching at straws for confirmed / near release AAA 360 titles to come to the ps3.....

I cant believe what a mess sony have made of the software side of the ps3 launch. They better get metal gear solid 4 out this year, its the only title at the moment it seems worth owning the console for.

Ofcourse it's a matter of opinion but I would disagree with that. There is MGS 4, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Eye Of Judgement, Eyedentify, Killzone, Ratchet And Clank Future:Tools Of Destruction, and Uncharted:Drakes Fortune.

Things will improve for the PS3. Some of the exclusive 360/PC games have been in development for quite a while and it's probably not possible at this stage to develop them for the PS3 as well. There probably are others big titles in development for the PS3 which haven't been announced yet. Then there are other coming out next year like The Getaway, Tekken 6, LittleBigPlanet, GT 5 and Final Fantasy XIII.

Indeed, if you're going to have to wait a year or more for a game, it should have some improvements and tweaks.

Defintely - Oblivion is infinitely more playable now which was worth the wait IMO.

Most people here have a decent pc as well as a games console, so that means you get most of the decent xbox/pc titles to play plus the future PS3 exclusives.

Defintely - Oblivion is infinitely more playable now which was worth the wait IMO.

Seriously, you'd happily wait a full year longer to play a game for minor playability improvements???

Blimey!:confused:

Seriously, you'd happily wait a full year longer to play a game for minor playability improvements???

Blimey!:confused:

Theres only so many games you can play at once - the improvements to Oblivion are hardly minor either.

Oblivion is a 2 year old game though really :confused: I was bored of playing it a year ago :rolleyes: With Bioshock the best you can hope for is a year + 36- / pc port are people really getting excited about this ?

Theres only so many games you can play at once - the improvements to Oblivion are hardly minor either.

Well they certainly ain't major either! Honestly, let's use an example, (made up obviously) but if Halo 3 were out next week for 360, you would rather wait a full year to play it, if it meant that it ran at 60 fps and 1080p, and quicker loading instead of 30fps and 1080i?

Honestly?
:confused: :suicide:

I have a PC, 360 and PS3 so will play Bioshock on the PC as its likely to have better gfx + higher resolution than the 360 version.

I'm currently enjoying Oblivion on the PS3 after having played but not finished it on the PC last year - the 360 version is crap in comparison - the PS3 is more like the superior PC version so worth the wait for such a good game if you dont have a PC.

If we use Crysis as an example (as I think Halo is overrated ;) ) I will be waiting till I have a DX10 PC to play it - which will prob be next year. I'd rather have the best version even if it means waiting.

Well, I'm surprised that you would be willing to wait that long, simply for eye candy. The game won't change? And it's not as it it's greatly improved either... but each to their own...

As for PCv360 versions, I'm actually in the same boat regarding Oblivion. I had it on a decent spec PC, but never finished it. I got sick of the hassle of the PC, so relegated it to media server and download duties, but it was a very good spec at the time, 4200x2 processor, gig ram, and a 7800gtx, but having just aquired Oblivion fo rthe 360, I can honestly say there is next to no difference, if anything the frame rate is more reliable on the 360 version.
My point is that saying the 360 version is crap, is putting it a little strongly, don't you think?
I agree that the extra dev time appears to have improved tha game (I've not played it on PS3, so can't comment presonally, only on what I've seen on reviews), but really, has it turned a 'crap' game into an excellent one?

but having just aquired Oblivion fo rthe 360, I can honestly say there is next to no difference, if anything the frame rate is more reliable on the 360 version.

:rotfl: do me a favour - the 360 version has excessive load times, lower res textures, minimal AA (if any) and a poor framerate. The PC version is miles better and can output at higher resolutions even on the card you had.

Its not just gfx but performance that counts.

Well I've not played it loads yet, but excessive load times, nope,not significantly longer than pc. Frame rate? Again, so far, better than the pc, and as I say, my kit at the time, was pretty decent.

But anyway, back to my question....?

Well I've not played it loads yet, but excessive load times, nope,not significantly longer than pc. Frame rate? Again, so far, better than the pc, and as I say, my kit at the time, was pretty decent.

From IGN...

"Multiplatform users who have been holding out in hopes of getting the "best looking version" should still gravitate towards a pumped-up PC. But, as I mentioned earlier, the PS3 version of Oblivion is a definite technical improvement over the 360 edition. Even if you have the latest Xbox patch installed, this newest port holds an advantage with its quicker loading times (which are almost twice as fast as the 360's), fewer framerate hitches, sharper textures, a better draw distance, and a brighter overall picture. Audibly, you're getting the same game -- which, for those of you who are new to the game, is stacked with an excellent ambient soundtrack and strong voice acting."

:rotfl: ;)

Yes. Oblivion was a chore to play on the 360 - the PS3 version is much better but the PC version is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom