BIOS Help please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by beardywierdy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. beardywierdy

beardywierdy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi
    I am new to the forums, so hello everyone.

I recently installed a 6990 gfx card and have been having an issue with the BIOS - any ideas would be appreciated.

When the system boots up from cold, the monitor doesn't fire up yet windows loads. However,t when I 'reset' the system via the mobo (pressing the rest button) it boots fine no probs and also when the system is running and I do a restart, again it boots fine. So it seems that it is only a problem during a cold boot up.

I therefore cleared the CMOS and reset the BIOS to default and it was totally fine, no probs. However, when I reset the overclock to what it previously was, the same thing happens; so it is a conflict somewhere with the overclock settings. I have not come accross this before - any ideas??
    Chris

2. spyder viewer

spyder viewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    The following will help: manufacturer/mobo/OS/age

Have you set "start up with pci graphics" in the bios??

3. beardywierdy

beardywierdy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mobo: Asus Rampage 2 EX;
    W7 Prof.
    Sapphire 6990

I have not tried the start up with PCI E praphics- not sure where that would be in the BIOS, but will have a look.It just seems strange that with a deafult BIOS it is fine but with OC settings I have to reset whilst BIOS is loading. It is just a bit of a pain more than anything.
    Cheers