Biomutant Review & Comments

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Interesting take on the game that differs from many others I've read. I always thought games like this would be divisive. I always got the feel it was a lower budget mix of Fallout and Assasins Creed and it does sound a bit like that. Interested but will wait for gamepass or a price drop.

NyarlaThoTep

Wasn’t a developer I was familiar with so I waited for a few reviews to come out before deciding on a purchase.

Perhaps not a surprise that its being compared to just cause, etc though as it seems one of the core team was heavily involved in both that and mad max.

Ordered it this morning (PC) anyway as most reviews have been positive so far. I havent loaded it yet, but It’s pretty much furry Zelda as far I can tell :)

NyarlaThoTep

It's not very good! I wanted to like it, but now I'm getting really bored playing it! 5/10 for me!
Blimey, that's considerably lower than most reviews I've read so far. What made it boring, and were you a fan of Zelda BotW, Immortals Fenyx Rising, that kind of open world adventure thing?

TaurusDevil

Blimey, that's considerably lower than most reviews I've read so far. What made it boring, and were you a fan of Zelda BotW, Immortals Fenyx Rising, that kind of open world adventure thing?
I like Immortals Fenyx Rising, I might Play Biomutant some more to see if it improves!:nono:

Ian Collen

Gaming Reviewer
I like Immortals Fenyx Rising, I might Play Biomutant some more to see if it improves!:nono:
In the review I mention that the first few hours are very slow (it's very stop/start and doesn't really get going until about 3 hours in), but when the world opens up it does become a lot more enjoyable - where you can either just roam and explore for ages or look to level up your kit and get more into the combat aspects. But it's not really an action-heavy title, so it's not going to be for everyone.

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Quite refreshing to read a better review of this. My copy arrived today and I definitely am willing to give it a chance.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
4/10 on push square and gamecentral.
My game share buddy has already bought it but it might not be as bad as some are saying, this review is the only positive one I’ve seen tbf.

NyarlaThoTep

4/10 on push square and gamecentral.
My game share buddy has already bought it but it might not be as bad as some are saying, this review is the only positive one I’ve seen tbf.
Sure, but picking 4/10 isn't a particularly representative score at all imo - it's the lowest score anyone's given it on metacritic (which is currently at 67/100 overall).

This one certainly isn't the only positive review in other words. The sites I read - Destructoid (8/10), Kotaku, digitally downloaded (7.5/10), AVForums of course!, etc have all been positive about it, and they're not the only ones. Most of the criticism I've seen has been around game bugs rather than the mechanics and world - so hopefully they'll be ironed out soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom