• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Biometric Passport...?

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Does anyone here have one and if so how did you go about getting hold of one?

Can anyone get them or are they only for specific people like regular overseas travelers?

Many Thanks

:smashin:

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Thanks Craig... Please excuse my ignorance but how do they match your finger prints or retina details to the chip in the passport then?

I'm not sure how the whole thing works???

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
They don't because governments won't spend the money to install scanners in all countries. :suicide:

g8tecrasher

Manchester Airport has self scan scanners which let you jump all the queues if you have a chipped passport

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Do you HAVE to get one of these new ones.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Manchester Airport has self scan scanners which let you jump all the queues if you have a chipped passport

Out of service more times than they are working in my experience.

And by no means a quick option. I've seen people stuck in there for ages.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Mine expired last year.

g8tecrasher

Out of service more times than they are working in my experience.

And by no means a quick option. I've seen people stuck in there for ages.

They were working on Sunday morning and the queue through them was a lot better than the other one. Took nearly a hour to get through!!! Our plane was early and 2 other planes were in at the same time!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom