1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biohazard 2 (resi evil 2) R2 (jp) DTS!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by AML, Feb 4, 2005.

1. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Just got this DVD here in japan. Its a 2 disk special edition with DTS.

Havent actually watched/listened to the DTS track yet so cant say much about it, but its good to have as the only choice when going to the shops.
    The US R1 edition isnt DTS so im sure they will be bringing out a DTS version soon enough.

Thats 2 version of the same movie! Do they honestly think we will buy 2 copies of this film?

2. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most asian stuff is released with DTS and i've seen a trend in the past few years for US and europe releases not to include DTS tracks. Most people here don't have DTS but in asia it's a different story.

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    True that with many films (to begin with) there is no DTS. (black hawk down!)
    When Asian versions do. But eventualy a DTS version will be released outside of Asia. Black Hawk Down did come out as a Superbit which carries DTS.
    Thats still 2 versions of the same film. They must really be desperate to milk us for every penny in the west!

4. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But superbit is not only just DTS, superbit contains a higher rate compression of the video also. Plus there are no extra features.

5. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    No extras. How exactly is that better?

I know all about Superbit, I was just making a point by using BHD as an example.
    Theres no reason why it couldnt have come out as DTS to begin with.
    The fact that it didnt meant that lots of people would re-buy the film when it did come out as DTS. (whether Superbit or not)

6. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't saying having no extra's is better, but it allows superbit to increase the quality of the video and audio.

This is a pointless discussion anyway, DTS is not a reason to rebuy a movie over a DD5.1 track.

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    It can be for many people who preffer DTS over Dolby Digital. You are just assuming that everyone feels the way you do.

Personaly if I have a choice of DD and a DTS version, i will get the DTS version.

8. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I am saying is that if you already have the Dolby Digital version then there is no point to buy the DTS version. If there are two versions, I would also buy the DTS version, but I wouldn't buy the DTS version if I already own the dolby version, that would just be stupid.

9. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I dont want to argue about this, but many people feel DTS is better than Dolby Digital and WOULD buy another film they own just to have the DTS soundtrack!
    I for one have bought the same title more than once to get DTS or Superbit. Or sometimes an ultimate version or such.
    Many of us dont think that re-bying a title for DTS is "stupid". As you put it.

10. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    I am the biggest DTS fan EVER, and I am seriously gutted when some of my fav titles are released without dts. However, I still believe it is absolute lunacy to upgrade a title just for a dts track!, when it's a proper upgrade like Leon (extras, longer cut, anamorphic and dts) or Donnie Darko DC (extras, longer cut and dts) then it's necessary to double dip.

Also bear in mind that the vast majority of DTS tracks are only a slight improvement over there DD counterparts, and on a lot of films they are just the same but louder.

11. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I just hope that with Blu Ray and HD-DVD, DTS will be a standard. Having to re-buy movies is just stupid. Give us everythng to begin with and all will be well.

12. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well with Blu Ray and HD-DVD it looks as if Dolby are going to be winners again as Dolby Digital Plus will probably be standard with 13.1 channels or something like that.

Have a read here: http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/dolby_digital_plus.html

Also it is far better than the current Dolby Digital as it supports larger bitrates.

13. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    13.1 Channels? wheres it say that

And the new DTS codec will have better specs than the Dolby Digital + codec no doubt so it will be no different to now,

14. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  15. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    13.1, maybe when i have a mansion, but thats too many speakers a 6.1/7.1 setup is enough and good enough, a ceiling speaker would be cool which would make it 8.1 but 13.1, sod that.

in reply to the topic, the r3 version which can be found for just 9.99 has a dtses soundtrack, dont know why everyone just goes for that :)

16. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6.1 Is pretty rare

7.1 is non existant they might use 13.1 in oh 2020 :)