Binge watching thread Covid 19

woppy101

Distinguished Member
So what is everyone’s plans for binge watching during this Covid-19 sh*tshow?
I will go first I’m currently making my way through Fringe, which will be followed by GoT and then Lost.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Not sure exactly binge watching yet, but finally got around to watching The Irishman yesterday.

I've just started Last Kingdom on Netflix.

Fortunately I signed up for Britbox a couple of months back so will go through their back catalogue of old crime dramas.

I've also got The Wire and Sopranos I've not watched but purchased on iTunes so should keep me going for a while.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
The new series of Veronica Mars starts on Starzplay next Friday, so that’s definitely on my binge list, having taken advantage of the 3 months for 99p each offer.

wolfie138

Do "24" days; start watching at the right time, and watch the whole thing in real time.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Currently doing TNG, Buffy, Angel and Quantum Leap. I can't bring myself to watch anything new I just need real comfort TV at the moment.
Just finished Buffy last week :). Quantum Leap is a thumbs up but can't see it on Prime (free) or Netflix dammit.

zantarous

Just finished Buffy last week :). Quantum Leap is a thumbs up but can't see it on Prime (free) or Netflix dammit.
I bought the Blu-ray set last year of QL, I am really surprised at how well it's held up, watched a few episodes last night.

I was looking at my TV boxset collection yesterday and joked to myself that this my break open incase of apocalypse shelf.

I just recently finished SG1 and Atlantis will probably do SGU after Buffy/Angel.

On the shelf I have all Star Trek shows and movies, some of the documentaries, Chuck, Community, the good seasons on Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica, Entourage, Firefly, Babylon 5 and mother load of Blu-ray and UHD movies that I bought but haven't seen.

Veronica Mars is a good shout not seen that before but heard good things.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I've been continuing my The Shield rewatch, got about 3 eps of season 6 and then season 7 to do, then I'll be deciding what to watch next.

Also got through 6 of the 8 eps of Unbelievable on Netflx

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Watched 6 episodes of Spinning Out on Netflix over yesterday and today, not bad even though not an ice skating fan.

scrowe

Watching Gerry Anderson’s UFO Blu-ray boxset.
Finally watching Jessica Jones S3 on Netflix.
W1A on iPlayer, and Bulletproof 2 on Sky.

madstaff

Started watching Ozark last week, so currently reeling off 1 episode in the afternoon and another 1 in the evening.
Just finished Season 2 episode 5. 👍

tim68

started watching Babylon 5 earlier this week, forgotten how great this Show can be.

Also watching classic Doctor Who and the early years of the show with Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell, spent a few weeks copying my DVD's over to a NAS for Plex streaming to Apple TV.

Jason56d

Started the US The Office. Better than I expected it to be.

But season 3 of Ozark arrived yesterday. We started watching around 6.30pm Went to bed around midnight, 5 episodes down! It’s very good. Will most likely finish it today.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Just finished Kingdom on Netflix. 2 Seasons, only 6 episodes each.

Absolutely superb. It's a Korean drama, set in the middle ages with a political twist...... and zombies. Makes TWD look like the borefest that is......well.... TWD, when they've been stuck on the farm for 6 consecutive series.

Onto Ozark today, might do a rewatch of the first 2 as it's been a while.

Countjedi

Another one for Ozark, just finished season 3 and loved it really kept up the writing and acting across the board a good 9.5/10 for me

A thinking person Breaking Bad.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Started the US The Office. Better than I expected it to be.
I'm sure you've heard this before but the US Office only really shines from S2 onwards. Similar story with Parks and Recreation.

kenshingintoki

im about to start chernobyl.

feel like its a show I really really should have watched already.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Just finishing season 2 of Mr Mercedes, really liked the first season, not so keen on where they went with the second. Yes, I know it’s Stephen King, but nothing like that was set up in the first, it was just a straight up drama thing.

Jason56d

im about to start chernobyl.

feel like its a show I really really should have watched already.
Yes you should have done! :mad: :D

It is excellent, one of the best things to come out last year. :thumbsup:

As well as working my way through the US Office (yes @richardb70 does get better from S2), me and the wife are watching Gavin & Stacey, again! It is excellent. And For All Mankind as she didn't fancy it before, but enjoying it now! Flipping women!

Edit: Oh and we spammed Save Me Too as well. Quite enjoyed that as well.

Last edited: