1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Corgan - The Future Embrace

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Miyazaki, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Got this the other day and after a few listenings I thought i'd write a mini review of it.

I was a massive Smashing Pumpkins fan, and really liked his work with Zwan, which was the best Smashing Pumpkins album since 'Mellon Collie...'! :D

This new effort has taken a slightly different direction and opens up with a couple of very synth tracks 'Mina Loy', with plenty of distorted guitars. It sounds more like 'Machina' than any of his other work.

It is a reasonable effort, and Smashing Pumpkins fans should like it, but it feels quite strained and forced, with only 2 standout tracks on the album, 'a100' being particularly good as is 'Walking Shade'.

I'd give it 6/10 for the time being, maybe it will be a grower, but for me at least his previous work was so immediate and incrediable, I feel like I am being cheated by working at this album.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Nice review, hope to pick this up in the next week or two....

Zwan is a great record.

Pete.

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, I'm a fan of the pumpkins, but jhaven't played their atuff got absolutely ages now...!!!

seen them live back in the earlie 90's like, the verve were supporting them both times...!