Billing - A Total Mess !!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by nmacog, Apr 20, 2007.

1. nmacog

nmacog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All

I went over to the HD package on 22nd March - was told I could keep my old NTL box which was in our living room, transferred to our bedroom. The new V+ Box is installed downstairs, and I have a 2mb broadband (I downgraded from 4mb) and phone line with them.

I was told that I would be paying £38 a month for all of that, and I received a bill today for £89 !

lots of discounts here and there that make no sense whatsoever and they have billed me £60 for May also, billed me £15 for the V+ box and another £15 for the old box which is upstairs and then £18 for broadband and then £20.50 for the TV Size XL

Its all a mess and I cant seem to get a straight answer other than "OUR SYSTEM IS DOWN" from them

Is anyone else getting ripped off ?

Sky seems to be beckoning

2. yorkyred

yorkyred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Their billing system certainly is very confusing and I would say the £38 you were quoted is not correct and £60 would be closer to the mark .

3. jogon

jogon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I got offered a deal when they lost Sky One etc. Am supposed to be getting the VIP pack for £55 a month but they have sent a bill for £118 :thumbsdow

4. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a similar package to you. 2MB BB. XL TV and XL phone. Plus I have just had V+ installed yesterday. I was quoted £45 pm. I got 3 for £30 deal. Then I paid the extras to upgrade to XL phone. Plus £10 for V+ box. But I haven't had my bill yet.

If you are on XL TV, the V+ box is only £10pm NOT £15pm. Well it least it was last month. If you took out the L TV package they were giving XL TV at the same price.
    V+ box was £15 for L TV and £10 for XL TV.

I would ring them again and get them to break down your bill to see what you are actually paying for.

5. axv

axv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm in a similar situation, called up and was told it was because they bill in advance and all will be back to normal next month. I'm going to keep a close eye as i couldn't make out what was being charged and neither could the person i spoke to.

6. t11rmh

t11rmh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    You should take note of all the discounts as they itemise everything as per normal then deduct discounts from the total bill. I got my bill explained to me and everything is clear.

7. Churnobyl

Churnobyl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    the bill they sent me is totally confusing and meaningless

8. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Maybe we should set up a thread to see who gets charged the most (as opposed to the best deal out there) :devil:

My bill was £156 ! ! :eek:

(this month is £8.96) - so NEXT month I'm expecting it to be "back to normal" :rolleyes:

9. xeb

xeb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was a mess aswell, supposed to be paying £60 for v+, 2mb. phone line and tvxl with sports. My first bill was £106 and second £104!.

Anyway I paid £70 for the first one which I thought was over the top, then I spoke to someone else and they told me I was not getting my bundle discount, then I found out I was not getting an exsisting customer discount!( with nlt for 3 years)..

Finally I have a direct debit set up for £36, result.

I must have spoken to about 10 different people to get this and I swear they try and diddle you out of money.

Bottom line is if you don't check your bill and question it then you don't get all the discount.

10. planet L

planet L
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

same here:thumbsdow

11. johnnyshuttle

johnnyshuttle
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi
    Just been on customer services and given them a right "F**KING"..
    Sales rep came to my house to talk about Virgin media, I was already with Virgin net tied into a contract.
    He said because it's now "allegedly" the same company I could move over to cable without paying a penalty for leaving...Anyway, now the problem!!

He said I could have XL tv, 2mb internet and phone line with evening and weekend phone calls inc for £30.00, I was tempted!! I then bartered for £50.00 to replace my wireless router and a free install, I got him to write it all down.
    10 days after install (12-04) after reading these forums with bill trouble I thought I'd check-up on my account, glad I did.
    I'm down as £50.50 a month, no £50.00 credit & no free install, I went mad!!
    Charging me £5.50 for evening calls and they've not got me down as direct debit £5.00.
    Said I want one of the top men to phone me back or it's trading standards and a letter to the newspapers, I'll give them S**T if they want it!!!:devil:
    God I'm so annoyed!!!
    To cap it all, install did not go smoothly, but that's another story, how long have you got??

John

12. thanesas

thanesas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Used to be a huge telewest fan/long term customer but since the NTL/Telewest merger and rebranding things have gone completely to pot

currently pay £35 a month for XL Broadband, which to be fair has been faultless in itself.

Called up to try and change the direct debit date. "You can't." Then i get a voicemail from the same guy "actually you can, could you call back". So I did. Get someone else. "you can't" *i loose temper* supervisor is obtained. "We can ask"... ask? ask?!? Ask who?!? Richard Branson?!

Anyway, end result is direct debit changed, but as a result I have 3 months of non standard amounts to pay £46, £24, then something else before it goes back to £35. Bill made no attempt to explain this, 20 mins on the phone (half of which was hold) got me the explanation.

No disreprect to anyone that works for them but they don't seem to know their a*** from their elbow anymore, and I suspect thats the NTL influence, as it was fine pre-merger.

Have Sky+ for TV, BT for phone, and now Sky are offering 16mb unlimited broadband for £10 a month.... going to run the two BB's side by side to start with but Virgin are in line for getting dumped :thumbsdow

13. Marcopolo007uk

Marcopolo007uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree, it's sooooo confusing looking at the bill. Im glad I did though, I upgraded from 2mb BB to 4mb BB. On my bill, I was charged for both services for the full month!

My next bill rembursed me with the previous months 2mb charge, but just for laugh charged me again for it! Oh.. and I did check... I wasn't getting 6mb BB (2mb+4mb) :eek:)

They really need to simplyfy the whole bill, its CRAP!

14. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I took out a 3 for £30 deal and added extra for V+ box and XL phone package.I was quoted £45pm for XL phone, M BB, and XL TV with V+ box. ( I have a £5 win back discount)

Just got my bill and VM are asking for £75 :confused: for this month.
    I asked for L BB to be dropped back to M BB when I was given this deal. Apparently VM didn't bother to drop me back to M BB. so I have been charged for L BB.:mad:
    CS haven't got a clue what they are doing. The guy from CS didn't know that XL TV is being given for the price of L TV.
    It has been agreed that I will be charged £45pm in future. But VM want to charge me £58 for this month:mad:
    In the end I got so:censored: off that I just ended the phone conversation.

Looks like I will be back on the phone tomorrow.:mad:

15. yoclick

yoclick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got offered the exact same deal. My bill was 100% correct, with the £28.55 discount. So i got the XL Tv, V+, XL Phone, and M BB for £45. Remember the BB is not shown on the bill. It is billed seperatly at the full whack. So my bill showed £27/£28 + £18 BB taken seperatly = £45/£46. Just ring back, im sure they will sort you out :)

16. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My bill shows.
    partial months service £19.43

advance charges

line rental £11
    talk unlimited £9.95
    phone, TV and BB bundle saving (minus) - £10.50
    TU for the price of TEW upgrade -£6.00
    TV size XL £20.50
    V+ box £10
    BB size L £25

plus 1penny for Kill Bill movie

this all adds up to a bill of £79.39 minus my £5 discount.= £74.39

the only bit I understand is a 1 penny movie and £10 for the V+ box:rolleyes:

I would have thought that 3 for £30 plus £10 for V+ box and £5.50 for XL phone, would have been easier to understand. All I want to do is pay £45 pm:mad:

17. DuckButton

DuckButton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gotta agree the billing is really confusing the way they charge you then deduct the discounts, and with everything on different pages it makes it even worse.

I got offered V+, XL TV, XL Phone, and M BB for £39. The first bill I had which was a full and partial month came to £44, so I though that seemed bout right. The next bill which should have been just a full month came to £45!!?? How does that work?
    I phoned to sort it, they said not all discounts had been applied and reduced the bill.

When I asked what my normal monthly charge should be they said £35, which was less than originally quoted. Then he said Talk Unlimited is being reduced from £14 to £9 from beginning of May, so my bill would then be £30!

Not convinced at all they know what they’re doing. Will be well happy if my bills are £30, but just waiting for my next one to see what state that’ll be in!

18. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Yea there billing does seem a real mess to work out and another problem i've had with them previously is i enquired about Tv drive during world cup last year they offered it me for £10 less as i had 10mb broadband and phone aswell as being with them for ages anyhow bill appears and got charged full price for Tv drive and i rang them up and got told we couldnt have offered it you at that price and told we'd look into it that was about 10 month ago and i couldn't cancel it as id had it over its 14day trial period :rolleyes:

19. Chicky1408

Chicky1408

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to sky I had the same issues and moved over. It is soooo much better . HD box and material are A1. After being stuck with one hd channel and now have 14 incl sports & movies ( just watched serinity outstanding and cricket later on this week!!!!)

Move !!!

20. tecnobadger

tecnobadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Move to Sky? I'd rather have no TV at all to be honest.

21. t11rmh

t11rmh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I'd rather lower my tender bits into a vat of boiling oil before I sign up to Sky.....

22. alienandy

alienandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hahaha... nice one.
    I was going to say that I would rather shove bees up my a*se!
    $ky.. hahaha