Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

rpr

A fun film with an awesome soundtrack

encaser

Most excellent review, dude - you knew that was also coming, Cas.
I've never seen it and now never will. Hold onto that 6 with your cold, dead hands.

richp007

Distinguished Member
And so it begins... :rotfl:
I thought I'd get in there early and try and spare you the pain of review rage :D

Nostalgia wins the day with Bill and Ted for sure, although I have commented in another thread recently that I do prefer Bogus Journey in all honesty.

Such a long time though since I watched this, will be looking to correct that before the new one hits.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Watched it with my Daughter a couple of months ago, still thoroughly enjoyable.
I'd agree that the kids absolutely love it, my 4 year old boy now calls everybody dude. (His 2020 4 being probably the rough equivalent to my maturity age at 14)

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
This is the one film where try as I might I simply can’t be objective in any way about any element of it.......

So VERY subjectively it’s one of the greatest films ever made.

:smashin:

Prime Time

I've got this on order from Zoom. I'm really looking forward to watching it again before the sequel comes out next month.

richp007

Distinguished Member
This is the one film where try as I might I simply can’t be objective in any way about any element of it.......

For me films like this and the recently reviewed Flash Gordon come from a time that you are able to just switch off a critic's head and say, "yeah that was awesome. End of. " Much can be forgiven that you may not with other films.

The pinnacle (as Cas' title suggests) of harmless entertainment.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Granted, this film is very much "of its time" but I've got a huge soft spot for it.

It's just ridiculous, childish fun with an utterly barmy plot and charming naive characters.
It's also portrayed by two of the nicest guys in the movie business and their genuine joy shines through the performances.

I was going to try to hold off buying this release to see if Bogus Journey got a 4K release and perhaps a trilogy box set... I'm not sure I can wait now though :p

Might buy a streamable version and hold out for the disc set (if it comes).

Party on dudes.

Last edited:

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer

Honestly, I wish I'd seen it as a teen. Perhaps then I'd be raving about it like I did Flash.

rpr

Most excellent review, dude - you knew that was also coming, Cas.
I've never seen it and now never will. Hold onto that 6 with your cold, dead hands.
If you've never seen it how can you be sure that's the right score lol

richp007

Distinguished Member
Granted, this film is very much "of its time" but I've got a huge soft spot for it.

It's just ridiculous, childish fun with an utterly barmy plot and charming naive characters.
It's also portrayed by two of the nicest guys in the movie business.

I was going to try to hold off buying this release to see if Bogus Journey got a 4K release and perhaps a trilogy box set... I'm not sure I can wait now though :p

Might buy a streamable version and hold out for the disc set (if it comes).

Party on dudes.
I'm going to deploy the greatest piece of willpower ever seen and wait for the trilogy boxset.

(he says having just sneakily entered the competition here :D )

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I'm going to deploy the greatest piece of willpower ever seen and wait for the trilogy boxset.

(he says having just sneakily entered the competition here :D )
Since I've heard from numerous people (including, not least, in the comments here) that the Seventh Seal-flavoured sequel is superior, I would have preferred to have seen them both together, not least because now I'm thoroughly conflicted about seeing a threequel for a movie I have no nostalgic attachment to and not enough investment in.

I'm guessing that the only timely option is a digital copy, but SC missed a trick with not doing both films back-to-back Rambo trilogy style.

A Moody Kid

Standard Member
Most excellent review, dude...
:laugh:

Beat me -and a lot of others - to the punch. I grew up with this film and despite being near to my 50th, I am still mentally 19 years of age. Like a lot of males I guess.

Did they ever manage to recruit Eddie Van Halen to Wyld Stallyns?

nitram_tpr

A mixed bag of a review, it is certainly one of those *you had to be there* films to really appreciate it all these years later. It's a film that if it's on the tele while I'm flicking through I'll watch it, I'm not sure I'll stump up for the disc, I might have a rent of it when it's available to stream.
Given your review of the actual film I'm surprised you gave it as much as 6.
It's an 8 for me, I am easily pleased :thumbsup:

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Anyone who scores this less than 10 should be packed off to military school.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Honestly, I wish I'd seen it as a teen. Perhaps then I'd be raving about it like I did Flash.
I was in my early thirties when it dropped (as I believe all the young people are saying nowadays) and loved it. I'll admit that I've always been immature though.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
I was in my early thirties when it dropped (as I believe all the young people are saying nowadays) and loved it. I'll admit that I've always been immature though :p
Dude, I thought you were in your thirties now (or 40 odd at least). :)

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Last edited: