Bill & Ted Face the Music 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Noblegamer

I'm a huge Bill and Ted fan. I drove to the next City to see the movie in the cinema.

What a huge disappointment this movie was.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
...Face the Music has more in common with Terminator: Dark Fate - in more ways than one - than it does to the successful formula of its last two time-travelling romps, feeling a little like it has to rob the first two films of their satisfactory conclusions in order to fashion a bigger, and more appropriate ending.

I can't say that I didn't enjoy it because I did. But I was constantly being pulled out of the experience because of exactly this. I heard the writers saying that they weren't being influenced by the current environment but it's blindingly obvious that they were. This is a pity because it was a great premise and I felt all the actors did a great job with what they had. They might have got away with the just the daughters, I actually liked them a lot. But that plus everything else wasn't so much flogging a dead horse as it was trying to trying to re-animate the horse just to flog it to death again.

6/10 -1 ;)

Last edited:

Slinkywizard

I watched this last week. The opening scene had me literally crying with laughter (the theremin and the whole scenario with who is marrying who) but it all went a bit downhill from there. Ah well. Thanks for the review, Cas. Five is a bit harsh, but I can’t disagree with anything you’ve actually said.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas,seem like a very lazy release 4K UHD wise,a miss for me this time
You might get away with a DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio track but no HDR as well makes this a weird release.
It feels like they are half-arsing it hoping that the die hard fans will pick it up. The only problem is that it shares a common DNA with quite a few "updated" older IP. None of them were actually made for the die hard fans.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
I watched this last week. The opening scene had me literally crying with laughter (the theremin and the whole scenario with who is marrying who) but it all went a bit downhill from there. Ah well. Thanks for the review, Cas. Five is a bit harsh, but I can’t disagree with anything you’ve actually said.
I could not even get through that opening scene!

Weird that the humour was no different, but it just didn't work me from the off.

encaser

I think there was more of a, Yo, Dude?! moment to be had on Norton, when Keanu genuinely looked intrigued as to how much pubic hair Whoopi Goldberg said she had left, than in this.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
What’s the point in a 4K Blu Ray without HDR? Ridiculous to not have it.
There's been a couple of releases recently without HDR, Color out of Space comes to mind. That film looks spectacular without HDR so you could argue it isn't needed. But imagine what it could have looked like with WCG and HDR.

Zombie Twin

I'm glad I bought the German blu a couple of months ago at a cheaper price than the UK edition.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I've been looking forward to this even though I fully expect to be disappointed. Love the first two, especially Bogus. This has just come along at least a decade too late.

Spacecat

Banned
just like Zoolander 2, The 3rd Matrix film and the last star wars film ( I wish I could un see 7&8) some films are just not worth watching

wxman2003

I've been looking forward to this even though I fully expect to be disappointed. Love the first two, especially Bogus. This has just come along at least a decade too late.
It's not a bad movie. It's only 89 minutes in duration, which is a good thing. Anything longer would have made it worse.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I heard that the filmmakers didn't want HDR grading. This is a perfect excuse to stick to digital when it is available for cheap. It was $7.99 in the US few months ago.

Fake Shempz

The awful trailers were enough for me to not watch this, and preserve my happy memories of Bill & Ted.

Now if they brought out Freaked on 4K UHD....sign me up!

wolfie138

can you explain how you rate Extras a 6 when there's none at all? You score nothing - literally - higher than you score the film itself, which is actually there.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
can you explain how you rate Extras a 6 when there's none at all? You score nothing - literally - higher than you score the film itself, which is actually there.

Who said there were none? There are none on the 4K disc...

If you only scored extras on a release that were present on the movie disc itself there would be a hell of a lot of titles (not just 4K either) which scored 0, despite having potentially excellent dedicated extras on accompanying discs.

I merely pointed out that, in terms of added value for money over the Blu-ray set, there was nothing else here on the extras front either.

So:
Blu-ray extras 6/10
4K extras are the same 6/10
Points for improving over the Blu-ray 0/10

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review, Cas.
I realised that I have never watched the original. Never. Not even one bit. I feel that I may have failed humanity.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks for the review, Cas.
I realised that I have never watched the original. Never. Not even one bit. I feel that I may have failed humanity.

Wouldn't worry, that was my state of being until the 4K was released last year.

Personally, I hadn't missed that much BUT, it did make me watch the sequel which was infinitely better and worth watching. So if you get the chance, catch up on them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021