1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Hicks - Live

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PAH, Dec 20, 2004.

1. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Anyone know of somewhere in the UK I can get this from? Not sure if it's released over here yet.

Amazon.co.uk have it listed but not available yet. Can get it from the states direct from Rykodisc but it'll probably be well into the new year before it arrives. Would prefer to have it sometime over crimbo incase I get bored with the usual gogglebox rubbish.

For anyone who doesn't know who Bill Hicks was, shame on you, but there's still time to make amends. For the rest of you, you might be interested in this one:

Bill Hicks - Live DVD contains (AFAIK) every recorded video performance currently available on dvd/video except for 'Sane Man' (which I've got on VHS):

- One Night Stand from the Old Vic Theatre in Chicago (approx 30 minutes)
    - Revelations from the Dominion Theatre in London (approx 65 minutes)
    - Relentless, Bill’s breakout performance at the Montreal Comedy Festival (approx 70 minutes)
    - the documentary "Just A Ride"

I'm tempted to get the audio CDs from Rykodisc as they're doing a special offer of all 7 for $77. Way cheaper than Amazon or Play.com at current $/£ exchange rates :thumbsup:

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Can't help you out ... but thanks for the heads-up, just ordered the DVD & the 7 CD's from Rykodisc :)

Spare copies of Relentless & Rants in E Minor going begging as a result .....

3. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah, it looks like it's only out on region 1 at the moment. Certainly none of the big online UK stores that I've checked have it listed or in stock.

Guess I'd better place an order on Rykodisc.com before everyone else with an interest sees this thread and beats me to it and it's out of stock! At least I didn't post any links, so that'll slow everyone down a bit :D

Oh well, let's hope their 4-6 week air mail international delivery isn't quite that slow. Though for only $4 or $2 per item shipping costs I'm not expecting Fed-ex or UPS to be involved :laugh:

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Found it on Rykodisc no problem, but it's also on DVD Pacific for £7.68. :)

5. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Play USA DID have it on their site - but as I picked it up in Canada, there wasn't much point in grabbing it. I do think however, it's Region 0 encoded. It's not to hand so I can't verify.

UK wise, we have Totally Bill Hicks, which has only 2 parts of this title (The "Just A Ride" and "Revelations" AKAIR). It came out ages ago, so it's been a while since I had a look !