1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big TV stands.......

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by toots, Nov 1, 2002.

1. toots

toots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a BIG stand for my Sony Grand Wega. The glass one that comes with it is very pretty until you put system boxes on it - my Denon amp won't fit and the mix of ugly boxes spoils my view!

Does anybody make nice wooden cabinets (about 6 feet long) with doors on them? I need to hide a centre speaker and four boxes (amp, Sky, VHS and DVD) and support the TV.

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    dont know where you live m8, but my brother had a pine cabinet custom built (with doors on) by a guy in Rotherham - its not 6 foot long, but has 4 adjustable shelves, giving 6 compartments - 3 either side (except cut-out for centre speaker). The equpment he has easily fit inside -

centre speaker - a large one (cant remember make)
    marantz 7200 amp
    sky digibox
    marantz DVD player
    JVC VCR

The build quality is really good

I think it cost him about £250 - very cheap price indeed, for what it is (solid pine throughout).

If you want further details, and maybe a pic of my brothers setup, let me know and i'll sort something.

btw - he had it sized to comfortably support a Sony FS70 (just to give you an idea)

dean