• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Big TV or keep projector?

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
I have a jvc x3 which I have had for nearly 3 years and it has served me well.
I am now thinking of selling the x3 and going for the Panasonic 65vt65 plasma.

Has anyone ever done this and did you regret it?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
I agree with TR: Even an 84" I saw recently looked small compared to my screen. I also like that it's hidden out of sight most of the time rather than having a big TV on show (I have a more modest 40" for day to day viewing).

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
yes I agree here as well

our regular tv is a 64" plasma, which I have to say looks brilliant

but when we drop the 104" screen over it to watch a film or what ever, I just why we ever use the plasma, the big screen experience is so much more involving

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
After 9 years of ownership I couldn't ever imagine ditching projection, it would be like cutting my old chap off. :D

Oh and my daily living room display is a 21" CRT :cool:

Ewoody

Prominent Member
I have a jvc x3 which I have had for nearly 3 years and it has served me well.
I am now thinking of selling the x3 and going for the Panasonic 65vt65 plasma.

Has anyone ever done this and did you regret it?

I'm doing the opposite, I bought my 65VT50 late last year, looks great on my wall (see my public profile) just decided to go with a bigger screen to watch football and movies, soon I'll have a 92" manual projection screen pulled down in front of my plasma, can't wait.

If your just going to stick with a 65" plasma after watching a big screen, I think you'll regret it big time.

sub routine

Established Member
yeah, just put up my first PJ and i am in the full thrall of its awesomeness. Im in the process of buying far more blu rays than i have the ability to watch, i can`t see it getting any better than this.

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
I thought as much after all it's not the first time I have done it.
Sold my projector a few years ago and purchased a 60 inch
Kuro. 6 months later I sold the kuro and went back to the pj again:eek:

Grexeo

Established Member
What are your primary reasons for considering plasma again? Better PQ? Daytime viewing? Less fuss/hassle than projection?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom