• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Big Trouble in my little world?

G

gt77

Hi everyone hope someone can help.
I have an NW-HD3. A few days ago I downloaded sonic stage 3.4 overwriting the 2.3 version I had. on downloading from the sony.co.uk site all my files were messed up (albums had new names, tracks were all over the place and nothing would play from the updated version) I phoned Sony straight away and they tried to help me but ended up saying they did not know what the problem was an I should uninstall all of the sonic stage software, reinstall it and copy all of my music again :eek:. Problem being that is not possible most of my music is from people I met travelling and there is next to no chance of ever getting copies of the music I gathered. So now the only copy I have is on my walkman. I am so gutted if I could cry I would but I’m too old and my body won't let me do that. Does ANYBODY know how I can retrieve the music from my walkman so to have an original hard copy again?

M

malheuresement

you want to look for the GYM software, which can extract mp3 files from your machine. Atrac files cannot [I believe] be copied. This should do the job for you -- provided your music is in mp3 format!!!

Have you [by any chance] backed up your music using the Sonic Stage back-up tool? That would also be a way of recovering your music. If not, then [trying not to point out anything too obvious] in future it is always good practice to carry out a back-up before upgrading software.

Good luck.

Mal.

G

gt77

Thanks mate,
Problem is everything is on ATRAC
And i did not have a back up created by SonicStage.
Guess ill have to wait until someone work out how to rip ATRAC from the portable onto the computer.

S

stuge

You can directly use Hi-mD rendering software on your HD3 to convert the tracks to Mp3 or .wav but it take a lot of time to do that & then you will again need to rename your files again.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom