1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG Tough TV Stand Information Please!!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by frozendexter, Mar 14, 2005.

1. frozendexter

frozendexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone!

Just want to pick your brains.

Does anybody know of a TV/AV stand that is at least 105cm wide x 50cm deep with a top shelf that can handle 190 - 200kg! also it can’t be silly money. Have seen some glass tv stands that say they support up to 175kg but I need more.

What's it for? a 180 litre fish tank, I carnt stand the cheap looking stands most companies offer, and av furniture would fit in with my decor better.

Cheers!

2. frozendexter

frozendexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Scratch the request for info, 2x Ikea Ivar cuboards have come to the rescue!

3. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Somewhat(!) late response - but I just built myself an AV cupboard with a fishtank on top - similar size (1.4m wide, 500mm deep), and guestimated tank weight of about 250+kg. I did look around, but found nothing that I thought was really tough enough.

I didn't want any risk, so ended up making a v v tough tank stand myself. THis one in wood (though we looked ta stainless and glass as well, but couldn't get the look we wanted. Two adults jumping up and down on it didn't move it at all, so I've decided it's safe, put the tank on it & it looks great (my view only of course)

Cheers

Greg