Big Thumbs up for British Cabinet Makers

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by bob corb, Mar 14, 2006.

1. bob corb

bob corb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm having a good day and just wanted to show some appreciation for some excellent service I've received.

Two years ago (before I got back into AV) I bought a sideboard, coffee table and lamp table form a reputable showroom in Macclesfield. The furniture was delivered on time and perfect. Two years on and I've bought an AV amp, PJ and new speakers and have lots of wires strewn everywhere. My old Stands Unique hi fi rack wasn't doing a very good job of keeping everthing tidy, so I started looking for a cabinet. The problem is that most AV cabinets are quite contempary and wouldn't match very well with the other furniture. So I rang the manufacturer of the original furniture and explained that I needed a cabinet in x*y*z with an open back, nice doors, slotted shelves for ventilation and several adjustable shelves. I even sent them a brouchure of another cabinet and said "like that one please". I wasn't expecting to get a postive reply but I was totally taken aback. They agreed on the spot and simply asked that I send a fax to their distributor. The price was very reasonable compared to their normal range. So all I have to do now is wait... 4 months(their normal lead time give or take)

I'm just amazed that in this age of imported everything, turned out form a standard mold and throw it away afterwards type philosophy there are people around who really give a monkeys.

So top marks to Winsor furniture and their distributor Arighi Bianchi. I'll post some picks when it arrives.

I'm now tempted to ask them for a lamp table modified to take a REL subwoofer inside...

2. Kendo76

Kendo76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I couldn't agree more, I recently bought a nice custom made dining table and chairs in very chunky antique pine, cost me a lot of money. I asked the guy to make me a tv stand with a central shelf for one of the speakers. Nobody makes a/v stands with central shelves for some reason. He actually said no, but I emailed another fella on ebay completely out of the blue who does his own furniture made at home as a hobby and he's made it for me to my exact specifications in less than a week and is charging me £90 delivered as opposed to the £500 the other guy wanted! I am chuffed to bits :)