1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Tellys

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rickyboy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Rickyboy

Rickyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse me for my very basic level of knowledge on this.

I am now the proud owner of a tosh 36zp48 -beautiful looking set -DVD pic with my xs32 is fantastic. Watched a bit of the Sopranos last night on Widescereen and it looked superb. Film 2004 on the other hand looked shocking -or at least it did to these eyes -as did Newsnight.

Is it a matter of getting used to a different kind of picture? Clearly it's a lot bigger than my old Tosh 24" 4:3. Is it that some broadcasts are very poor quality? Could it be my leads - (Cambridge Audio by and large - Scarts and Component for DVD from Richer Sounds). Is the TV not up to it in some areas or is it how I've set it up or will it "warm up" with use?

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Rickyboy,

Can you elaborate on "shocking", please?

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What is the source of your 'off air' channels - DTT ? Sky ? analogue ? (heaven forbid), regards, yt.

4. Rickyboy

Rickyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come from both analogue and NTL digital. Looking at it again today it's studio stuff that looks wrong. Sky One and C4. Grainy picture- washed out bit fuzzyt. Playing with settings and can get it better but keep having to do it on each channel change sometimes.

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm at a slight loss here. I have the 32" version of this set and its absolutley superb. I watch everything via DTT and its faultless. Studio pictures should be the very best of all. With analogue reception I've noticed that any signal that is 'noisey/grainy' the DSP circuitry makes the noise/grain much worse - its typical of these types of set and is by no means limited to Toshiba as all manufacturers use the same principles. Without seeing it its difficult to express an opinion. Sorry I'm not much help, but don't give up with it - it really is a superb set. regards, yt.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    It was noticed the quality was not good by an other