Big Stars with Small Parts?

I

Iam

So, just watched "The Bourne Identity" again & was thinking to myself, "Wow, she even sounds like Julia Stiles".

I had convinced myself the character Juliette looked like Julia Stiles, sounded like Julia Stiles, but was n't (in fact) Julia Stiles.

It is a minor role (barely speaking in fact).

Finally paid attention during the credits, thinking it was cunning casting to have someone looking so much like Julia Stiles, & there it was - "Julia Stiles".

Does anyone know of any small parts taken by stars - after they got famous - other than cameo appearances?

Also, in Aliens, is it Bruce Campbell (or just a lookalike) who opens up Ripley's escape shuttle & says "there goes our salvage guys"?

And theres me thinking you spend your time weighing up the stars package in the trouser dept:D:laugh: :D

Mark Hamil (luke skywalker) plays Cocknocker in Jay and silent bo strike back.

Originally posted by Iam

Does anyone know of any small parts taken by stars - after they got famous - other than cameo appearances?

Drew Barrymore in scream. is that a small part or a cameo?

not sure what the difference is tbh :zonked:

Originally posted by Geezer
Drew Barrymore in scream. is that a small part or a cameo?

not sure what the difference is tbh :zonked:

I was about to say the same - whats the difference between a small part and a cameo?

Matt Damon, Sean william Scott, Judd Nelson, Carrie Fisher, James Van Der Beek, Jason Briggs and Ben Affleck all have small parts in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I'd call a cameo a part where the star comes on, shows their face, says a line or two, then toddles off never to be seen again.

Can't think of an example tho :blush:

Originally posted by Iam
I'd call a cameo a part where the star comes on, shows their face, says a line or two, then toddles off never to be seen again.

Can't think of an example tho :blush:
I think the Elvis Costello and Burt Baccarac appearances in the Austin Powers films are cameos.

Troy Aikman in Jerry Maguire is another

Loads at the start of Goldmember - but thats an obvious one
Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lui & Cameron Crowe in Minority Report
Stephen King tends to turn up in many adaptations of his books
Kevin Smith in Daredevil

Julia Stiles was apparently cast for the Bourne Identity before she became a well known name.

Where were Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lui & Cameron Crowe in Minority Report?

Diaz & Crowe are seen on the subway (Crowe reads a paper, Diaz is in the same shot further back), haven't spotted Lucy yet, Paul T Anderson is also in there somewhere.

Isnt a cameo Where someone appearsin a film as them selves, like Tom Cruise in Goldmember?

don't think so, thought its just a walk on part for someone famous like those mentioned in Jay and Silent Bob rather than those sort of guest appearances.

Brad Pitt in Being John Malkovich makes me laugh every time.

He was on screen for what 30 secs? and still managed to steal the film! Giving a cameo to someone with such screen presence as Connery is a mistake. My god I can't wait for the league of extraordinary gentlemen!!

Originally posted by Shoka
Mark Hamil (luke skywalker) plays Cocknocker in Jay and silent bo strike back.

He said Big Stars, not washed up has beens!!! :D

I thought Anthony Hopkins in Mission Impossible 2. It was like, say three words, get paid, he wasn't even credited apparently yet he got paid loads.

Originally posted by James45
He was on screen for what 30 secs? and still managed to steal the film! Giving a cameo to someone with such screen presence as Connery is a mistake. My god I can't wait for the league of extraordinary gentlemen!!

Well hopefully we'll have it finished by Wednesday touchwood.

Stephen King is his own films. Always seems to play a complete to***r for about 10 secs.:)

Surprised nobody has mentioned what is probably the ultimate cameo movie "The Player". Too many "A" list cameos to keep track of.

"Around the World in 80 Days" is another - chock-a-block with loads of celebs.

Anyone remeber a Kirk Douglas movie "the List of Adrian Messenger"? A bit different in that the cameos are all by famous actors in heavy makeup disguises (Burt Lancaster as a woman, would you believe!).

Stan Lee in most of the Marvel films.

Also small part that did not make the credits Jason Robards in Enemy of the State, Emilio Estevez in Mission Impossible.

In gremlins there where a few Jerry Goldsmith, Steven Spieberg, Kenneth Toby, Robby the Robot and William Schallert.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom