• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Big Speaker for large hall (portable)

surfymark

Hi Guys,

we often travel and perform in a hall holding maybe 100 children. For this we output music from an iPad (outputting picture to a projector also).

Recently we have been going abroad (flying) so I am looking for an amplified solution that outputs big, loud sound (the children can be very loud!) but that also is portable in some way. It doesn't need to be wireless, power is not a problem. It is the size and weight that I am more worried about.

Can you get speakers that fold up in some way? Or collapse?

What are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks
Mark

sounddog

Take a look at Portable PA Systems | Gear4music for some options...

The pro-audio arena is where you are likely to find your solution; your local Yellow Pages (does anyone still use that) or Google is likely to find you a local pro-audio shop where you can view some options. Failing that Maplins (if you are in the UK).

scoootyj

Standard Member
hello! agree with the reply from sounddog - a portable pa solution would seem to suit you far more than a domestic appliance for many reasons - not sure of your budget etc and how 'portable' ... is this too expensive?

HK Audio Lucas Nano 300 Portable PA System | Dawsons Music

have a read and see if its the kind of thing you are afer - they sound remarkable and at 10kg are very light! the satellites (small speakers) fit into the sub (bass speaker) and can even be set up on top of the sub for a very compact set up without having to carry stands, but unlike some '1 speaker' options, you have the opportunity for a full compact pa with a real stereo set-up! it also has the mixer built in - just check it has enough inputs for your needs! any other info let me know :0)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom