Big Sky (Disney+/Star) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Rule of thumb: If the banner for the show is a bunch of extraordinarily good-looking young people standing about and pouting, it's going to be s***. There are numerous shows I've never even bothered to try on that basis alone. Thanks for enduring on our behalf Cas.

Yes, I second the thanks for saving our eyes & ears!
Tom just posted a review of a Movie that sounded eaqually painful to watch, so no "Tom bias" at least this Month!

Rule of thumb: If the banner for the show is a bunch of extraordinarily good-looking young people standing about and pouting, it's going to be s***. There are numerous shows I've never even bothered to try on that basis alone. Thanks for enduring on our behalf Cas.
PPP:. The Perils of Penelope Pittstop Pretty People in Peril.

Thanks Cas for the review..
I won’t be sticking around to watch any more of this. So far it‘s pants...:laugh:

BUT, Helstrom episodes 1/2 I am totally hooked. Loving it. Why has this been cancelled already? Piff!!!! :thumbsdow

I quit after episode one and the oh so stupid shooting. Way of the gun, not nearly.

Not the worst show around but nothing special either. My favourite new show of 2021 so far is Resident Alien 👽 a fun series. And has a certain charm about it.

Im looking forward to star tv having the alien tv series that has been anounced with both Ridley Scott as exec producer and legions Noah Hawley as director it has the potential to be as good as mandalorian/wandavision.

...Who needs new content?
So true. There is so much great content from literally a bygone age, commonly referred to as 'movies that could never be made today', that by the time we enjoy them again, and what's current moves even further into unrelatable material, we may abandon modern content altogether. And I'm fine with that.

I was watching this, and managed to somehow stick with it until last weeks in the US.
I'm done.

Awful.

We made it to episode 6 (one last chance) then bailed, it gets progressively worse!

I am all for new and original ideas instead of reboots and superhero shows, but this was just awful.

Pretty much all new content on Disney+/Star is bound to be bordering on garbage because the company is so intent on creating and broadcasting virtue signals ahead of quality.

Pretty much all new content on Disney+/Star is bound to be bordering on garbage because the company is so intent on creating and broadcasting virtue signals ahead of quality.
In all fairness, if broadcasting virtue signals ahead of quality is a crime, Disney/Netflix/Amazon/Apple all hang side by side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, its a huge sweeping generalisation. I think I'm just in a bit of a mood.

Pretty much all new content on Disney+/Star is bound to be bordering on garbage because the company is so intent on creating and broadcasting virtue signals ahead of qualityim
I'm sure the showbiz terrible but that's not the reason IMO.

I actually enjoyed this one, not often I differ wildly from Cas score. It does get better later in the season and is worth a watch.

Probably 7.5/10.

The State Trooper character is played superbly and is genuinely psychotic. The end of episode 1 for example is quite a shock.

Plus the relationship between the creepy truck driver and his mother is worth watching.

By the time I worked out it wasn't very good I was already invested in E2. Whether I'll watch E3 is debatable, but so far it's making Pretty Little Liars look a classic (and I stuck with that all the way through, expecting it to (a) get better, (b) start making sense :).

I don't know how those annoying sisters have managed to stay alive this long.

Big Sky as a title makes the viewer anticipate quite an adventure, but Ryan Philllipe has not done much that is noteworthy lately, he reached a peak of sorts as Bobby Lee Swagger in the forgettable 'Shooter' a show which finished its run like a conclusion to an extended contract.
Any suspense drama about kidnapping really needs a good character actor in the main role, someone like Bill Pullman for example, who did a great acting job in the Sinner, it also needs to have a good support cast with some experience with this genre, but when the main female cast all look suitably photogenic, nubile and pout a lot you know you are in for something formulaic with a suitably open ended story to guarantee the chance of a five season run, especially if its from David E. Kelley, well known for high end American soap operas like L.A. Law, Chicago Hope, Alley McBeal; David E. Kelley has quite a list of successful shows, whether Big Sky will become one of them we shall wait and see.

I though I take a peek at this thinking there were only 6 episodes and I really enjoyed Kathrine Winnick performance in Vikings although not quite finished with that series, and did find it a little all over at the beginning but then the characters have to be introduced.
did not see the end scene coming at all

I wont give it a mark yet and probably finish Vikings before I start this properly and more to watch rather than waiting weeks till the season ends. Also look forwards to Kathrine Winnick having more scenes.

This feels like the show that never ends, had a fairly long mid season break and then came back and you felt concluded the S1 story, so would of been no great loss if it had of ended there.

Lo and behold, another couple of months off and we are now into a second story arc, although Ronald from the initial story arc is still lurking - sporting the funniest mullet i have seen in a while.

Not sure why i'm still watching it, but i am.

This feels like the show that never ends, had a fairly long mid season break and then came back and you felt concluded the S1 story, so would of been no great loss if it had of ended there.

Lo and behold, another couple of months off and we are now into a second story arc, although Ronald from the initial story arc is still lurking - sporting the funniest mullet i have seen in a while.

Not sure why i'm still watching it, but i am.

Same, lol. Is episode 10 available now then, watched it a few weeks back but noticed episode 10 was not on the service yet.

Is there supposed to be an episode 10?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom