1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big problems whith my DVD32R

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by diego120368, Sep 9, 2004.

1. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

hello to all.. I am new and I want to ask them something on the DVD32R.

I have just bought my dvd32r (second hand) and last Sunday the dvd has been blocked, while a CD listened... no function responded, this situation has repeated several times and in TMA they don't respond. The only thing that I have been able to is to turn off and begin again. The software is V3,85, yesterday the dvd it worked normal, but today was another blocked time. I have proven with a "master reset" and it has not worked. The display doesn't work correctly, please help me.
    :lease:

DPA32R DAB(DAC192/24) DVD32R, 100x4R. Sonus Faber Guarneri homenage. Sonus Faber Gravis. MIT shotgun (S3) analog interconnetion and MIT digital (reference); MIT shotgun S3 for Speakers

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds like it needs to visit IAG for a service, but to shine a bit more light on the situation can you answer the following:
    1. When it "blocks" is there any video present on the screen.
    2. Does it respond to remote control key presses, or front panel presses?
    3. Does the unit go in/out of standby?
    4. If you have a reprogramming cable can you reprogram it?
    5. When you say the display doesn't work correctly, what does it do?

I believe Barry on the helpdesk is on hols at the moment, so probably best to ring up IAG directly and hastle people accordingly ;o)

3. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:
    hello thank you to answer. My answers to your questions are:
    source of power
    1. The dvd is blocked, playing a CD or a DVD. Once, the dvd32r was blocked playing a CD, which sounded perfectly until it finished, but the DVD, didn't respond to any key. I wait the CD finished to be able to turn off it of the main switch or disconnecting the source of power. Stand by doesn't accept. Playing the dvd was same, it was blocked and I leave the image and the sound. I have seen that the dvd32r works to 100%, when it is not blocked.
    2. When it is blocked, doesn't respond to any key.
    3. when the DVD is blocked it doesn't accept any order. Alone turning off it of the main switch or disconnecting the source of power.
    4. I don't have the cable, but that takes a long time in arriving in Barcelona, for what I am not able to reponder.
    5. The display works correctly, what works bad when it is blocked, it is that that it is "frozen" with an information for example: to show "self test", "DVD32R V 3,85", "reading disc" or it doesn't simply show anything.

thank you for everything. :confused:

4. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds to me that the dual port ram (or some glue logic) that ties the siemens micro to the pantera DVD chip is playing up. A reprogramming of the software wouldn't hurt but I think it needs to go back to IAG to have the hardware diagnosed.

Unfortunate expecially as you've just brought it, but that's the way things go sometimes with electronics independent of price. If you just brought it off a dealer then you should be able to get him to sort it out.

5. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine had the same problem… and it is still not fixed.

6. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:
    hello Stevesky

thank you to respond....

I don't understand why the helpdesk of TMA doesn't respond my mail´s . A question.
    here in españa we have a distributor of TMA, could they give a first level it supports?, do I say it; for that to send the dvd32r to England is very expensive...

siemens controller :mad:

is there some test, that I can carry out, to discriminate against the problem?

thank you for the attention
    :(

7. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi :rolleyes:

and that you have made to control them or to improve them? :confused:

thank you

:( ,

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi Diego.
    Your local distributor may well have a TAG programming cable so they might be able to reload the current software version and see if that cures it....fingers crossed eh......

9. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

hello Graham

it is possible that; if I buy the cable and do I carry out the upgrade V3,85, can I normalize the operation of my dvd? :(

quickly I will try to buy the cable tagtronic...

the problem is that in barcelona I don't have anybody that lends the cable for this, while mine arrives... if you have some additional idea, I would thank it to you. :oops:

thank you

thank you :cool:

10. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I was suggesting that you got the local dealer/distributor to do it and see if the problem is cured, I wouldn't buy the cable just yet as updates for the DVD32R will be a long time coming methinks so largely redundant unless you have the AV32RDP/192R and wish to use TMREQ...... From what Steve said it is worth a go but not that hopeful.

11. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi graham :)

about the cable tagtronic, I should buy it because I have a dpa32r and a 100x4R, the certain thing is that if somebody me the ready thing would be brilliant. :confused:

I will speak with the dealer, but I continue waiting to the helpdesk :mad: . (I feel alone with this!!!! :oops: )
    thank you

12. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Personally I think buying the cable is a waste of money for your current kit if they are up to date with the current version of software, I doubt further releases are likely for some time. Borrow one or get the dealer/distributor to reload the software in your DVD32R or find someone in your country to lend you the cable, you simply won't use it again with your current kit.

13. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi :)
    I also think the same thing... I will try to get a cable borrowed tagtronic and to make the upgrade. Here the cable, costs 176€ (117 pounds) :blush: . if I could buy it (online) for less price in UK? :confused:

thank you.. :D

14. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    You would have to ask the helpdesk about costs, I haven't bought one for a very very long time......I'm not even sure that they could ship one to you due to local distribution rights......

15. Baracuda

Baracuda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD32R had exactly the same problems. It was returned to IAG and the entire motherboard was replaced. I'm afraid to tell you this, but it's terminal. :eek:

Regards

16. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You must be a lucky guy!!!! My DVD32R had the same problem only 3 months since bought new (about 1 year ago). It has been serviced about 4 or 5 times and the last time I left it again, 4 months ago with the local importer but I haven't seen it since…
    The last problem was a conflict with the software 3.85 (completely blocked), that worked fine untill the first problem, (which was similar Diego's and yours) and some audio dropouts.
    By now I should have the record! More than 10 months without a working DVD32R… can anyone beat this?

17. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hiya.

I would contact IAG direct and detail the saga and give them the chance to do something about this, they might not be aware that this has been going so for so long.......I'd expect that when people like David Patching hear of this and investigate it things would rapidly improve after all a £4.5k player that hasn't worked for 10 months sounds pretty dire but alas unlike Udo who would openly investigate and post the result (which 9 times out of 10 was rather different to what was initially said!) IAG don't seem to do things that way but as I have no reason to not believe you in what you say, a phone call to someone high up at IAG must be the next stage to getting a satisfactory result?

"washing ones dirty laundry in public" like this won't get your unit fixed any quicker, a sad reflection of the times we all live in...

18. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been exchanging e-mails with the helpdesk at least for this last time. In this last 4 months sent 25 e-mails to the helpdesk (almost 7 e-mails for month) explaining everything. They are fully aware of the problem!!! That's what troubles me more. I have came to a dead end. Maybe the phone call is the last resort.
    And Graham I don't feel that I'm "washing laundry", I'm just letting people now what might happen to them.

19. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    In that case I'd ring someone high up and have a seemingly well justified rant.
    I am just a bit wary of taking sides as there is always two sides to anything like this, I can understand your fustration but you can't assume others have suffered a similar fate as other repairs seem to have gone well (long maybe but....) as noted on earlier posts. I have always had first class service from the TAG guys which is why I find your position all the more worrying and lets all hope very uncharacteristic! Do please keep us informed of how you get on even if it only proves to be a very isolated incident.

20. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes Graham, I do hope it's an isolated incident. As you might know I'm an absolute fan of Tag and their gear. Besides de DVD32R I also have a AV32RDP, a 250x3, a 100x5, a T32R and under the IAG management I bought an Aphrodite system and a pair of Calliope's...

21. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Yes I know mate which is why I find it all the more surprising that you especially are having these problems, where is your DVD32R at present?

22. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That is a mistery to me!!! The local importer says it's in the factory and at the helpdesk no one confirms or denys it… Can you understand the nightmare that I'm in.

23. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    If you can't get any joy try writing to the directors at their home address by recorded delivery mail. That might get their attention

24. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    yep I am beginning to see your fustration, are you sure your dealer has sent it? They should be able to show you the "weigh bill" and shipping receipt.....I hope they sent it to the new factory not the old one otherwise Meridian are enjoying it....... If you can prove IAG have accepted delviery then I'd start making lots of noise as Kenny suggests. It is a lot of money to be just lying around somewhere.......

25. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, the dealer is also local importer. I believe they have the correct address.

IAG are aware of the problem, they should be talking to each other… they are has you might say "married". One should answer for the other.

So for me when I delivered my player to my dealer wich has I stated is the local importer, I'm in my point of view delivering at IAG's hands because they choosed their importer and they are also responsable for them.

26. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Monday morning phone call methinks then to IAG HQ.......Lets hope someone high up in IAG is reading all this and gets to work early to sort it out and have answers for you.

27. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for all the info and support.

Well I could stay home and watch Chelsea x Aston Villa, or I could go to the beach.

Of I go…

28. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Not watching the GP qualifying then........

29. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No straight to the beach. It's a very nice day.

30. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Hit the beach :cool: