Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Big Problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Sher, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Sher

Sher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello every1,
    i am very new to this forum and the av area so i need some help from all you experts :)

I just bought an LG lcd tv and have a samsung dvd player and D-Link media player which both support component cable connection. the problem i am facing is that when i connect the component cable it shows a lot of red and the picture quality is really bad.

at first i thought it was due to the cheap cables so i bought a Monster cable, Monster Video2 and tried it again but same problem and now the monster cable dont even fit in properly.

Maybe its the TV problem because when i connect an S-video connection that comes black and white, only the normal AV seems to be working correctly.

Any1 has any idea to help me out of this situation? :lease:

Regards,
    Sher

2. Sturm

Sturm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sher,

I am making the assumption you are connecting up to the scart connection on your TV.

I know on my TV that only one of my scart connections is S-Video compliant. I have to go into the TV menu to change from scart to S-video. Could this be the issue with your TV. Also does the DVD player automatically output component ? (there will probably be a setting for this in the DVD menu as well).

Hope this helps,

Sturm

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sher check both the TV and source menus and that you have enabled each to except/allow the kind of signal you want to use...ie if u want to use S video you are sending that signal out to the tv from the source, and in some TVs...its enabled to recieve it (some TVs do it automatically assuming it is connected to the right input for the job some need enabling...just needs checking via the menu's)