Big problem with center speaker on the Pioneer vsx-2016 7.1 (please help..........)

K

karl-ireland

Hello

Ive just hooked up my pioneer 2016 last night and everything works fine,except the center speaker....

When watching a film the center sounds very muffled and the sound is just terrible,ive tried hooking up different speakers to try and fix it,but to no avail.

Can someone help me?

Its very frustrating.

Ive tried different surround types,but nothing works

Has anyone had this problem?

It would help if you said what your speaker setup is :)
I doubt the problem is with the amp.

Sorry.

I have wharfedale 9.1`s for the the two fronts (100w each),and a wharfedale centre speaker (120w each).Wharfedale Modus cubes for the two surrounds (100w each) and wharfedale 9.0`s for the back two (100w each).

All the speakers are brand new.

Any ideas?

What have you got the speaker sizes set to & what crossover frequency have you got set on the amp?

Perhaps someone can confirm my logic on this but if I understand this right when a speaker is set to large the amp will direct a fair bit of the LF to the speaker rather than the sub and vice versa when set to small.

The only bit I'm not sure about is the setting of the crossover on the amp. I've dovetailed mine so that the crossover on the amp is set to the lowest frequency the speakers can handle (80hz) so that all frequency below that is directed to the sub.

This seems to bring out the clarity in the centre but can leave it lacking a little bass.

Phase? Black to red and red to black?

Sorry im only new to this sort of stuff....

Ive used the MCACC on the amp with the mic,and even when going through the calibration process the centre speaker sounds totally different to the likes of the left or right front speaker.

Its very frustrating.....

try to determine if it is the speaker or the amp. try connecting the amp center out to one of the fronts - then test - if it sounds ok then the problem is probably the center speaker. you can confirm by connecting it to one of the amp front outs.

Yea ive tried different speakers on the centre channel.

Its still has the same problem....really muffled just sounding terribly bad.

What do you think it is?

I really hope i dont have to send the amp back to the shop..

Yea ive tried different speakers on the centre channel.

Its still has the same problem....really muffled just sounding terribly bad.

What do you think it is?

I really hope i dont have to send the amp back to the shop..

Sounds like it could be a duff amp, which is a bit surprising.

donno if your pioneer has it, but on my yamaha there is a graphic equalizer setting for the center. Maybe check the menus for this - although i would expect the default settings to be flat anyway.

right ive switched the wharfedale centre speaker for an ordinary 100w loudspeaker and the sound seems to be fine now....

its very strange considering ive tried the new center speaker ive bought and the old center speaker and they sound the same (muffled etc)

Now ive placed just an ordinary 100w loud speaker in there and the sound is fine...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom