Big problem with 4K in 60Hz

pisklak46

Hi
I already have the W2700.

But I have a problem.
I have:
-Lenovo Y540 (integrated graphics card + gtx 1660ti, HDMI 2.0 output supporting 4K60Hz)
-HDMI 2.0 cables 7,5m (specification: AUDA Prestige Kabel HDMI 2.0 4K Premium High Speed Ultra HD [email protected] 7,5m)
-W2700 has software 1.0.6

Unfortunately, I can't set the signal on a 4K60Hz projector, only 4K30Hz.
I can choose 60Hz from the list but when I click the picture goes black and goes back to 30Hz.

Any advice?

alebonau

Distinguished Member
is there anything to say the cable there is premium certified as per hdmi.org requirement to deliver 4k 60 ?

see link above, you should be seeing a QR code that scans with the hdmi org app that confirms validity...

if no QR code unlikely its certified and first things id be looking at when cable is 7.5m

you can get the monoprie premium certified 7.5m cable for us $18 ! and you can see the QR code to confirm

i would swap out cable or even test it free...ie loose just from your source to projector

otherwise ...seeing you are using a htpc.... it can be a myriad of things... given the minefield of compatibility those things are .... :)

setting on the projector ? other thing to confirm ...

pisklak46

is there anything to say the cable there is premium certified as per hdmi.org requirement to deliver 4k 60 ?

see link above, you should be seeing a QR code that scans with the hdmi org app that confirms validity...

if no QR code unlikely its certified and first things id be looking at when cable is 7.5m

you can get the monoprie premium certified 7.5m cable for us $18 ! and you can see the QR code to confirm

i would swap out cable or even test it free...ie loose just from your source to projector

otherwise ...seeing you are using a htpc.... it can be a myriad of things... given the minefield of compatibility those things are .... :)

setting on the projector ? other thing to confirm ...
Hi, Thanks the cable ordered.

In the meantime, what should I have set in nvidia control panel?
Sample screen:

Below is the specification of the projector:

Attachments

• Adnotacja 2021-08-23 085913.png
    Adnotacja 2021-08-23 085913.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

alebonau

Distinguished Member
In the meantime, what should I have set in nvidia control panel?
Sample screen:

good to hear on the cable... that will at least eliminate that factor at low cost...

re settings.. folks running nvidia hopefully will help ?

below are couple of charts to help you ...

see with regards various signal and bandwidth ...make selection so signal stays below 18gbps...
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 5.01.42 pm.png

note this table below that shows what signal formats are also not supported by hdmi 2.0

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 5.03.05 pm.png

The link these are from is also worth a good read for background and understanding...

it is one of the problem with HTPC that you can select all sort of signal types and the inevitable black screen if the cable or hdmi spec itself doesnt support what trying to pass through....

pisklak46

good to hear on the cable... that will at least eliminate that factor at low cost...

see with regards various signal and bandwidth ...make selection so signal stays below 18gbps...
View attachment 1559345

note this table below that shows what signal formats are also not supported by hdmi 2.0

View attachment 1559347

The link these are from is also worth a good read for background and understanding...

it is one of the problem with HTPC that you can select all sort of signal types and the inevitable black screen if the cable or hdmi spec itself doesnt support what trying to pass through....

View attachment 1559345

View attachment 1559347

Thanks
Do you know how to force windows 10 to test ycbcr420?

razy60

Thanks
Do you know how to force windows 10 to test ycbcr420?
Nvidia control panel-display-change resolution - select appropriate resolution and refresh rate then apply the following settings-select,
Use Nvidia colour settings.
desktop colour depth=highest 32 bit,
output depth = 8 or 10 bpc,
output colour format = ycbcr420(or422)
output dynamic range = limited normally but depending on your panel you may get other options.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom