Big old mods and cloud chasers

NewfieDrool

Ex Member
Reaction score
With the arrival of some mods taking 4 18650 batts and the Smok TFV12 is anyone tempted by these huge devices that create movie set fogging effects.
I've watched a couple of vids on the new TFV12 and my word this thing chews through liquid but are you tempted?

Got the TFV8 and yeah can chew thru 6ml in well well under 100 hits. The big tanks are decent and was tempted to try the V12 or the melo 300 but im pretty happy with my rda's.
If was trying another big tank it would be the melo 300 looks awesome since ive tried the TFV8.

The big stuff like that are not exactly that mobile. The rx300 is huge, as is my primus which is also annoying me with its utterly shoddy 510.

I have to say the Rx200s I have has a poor 510. My Ammit just will not screw down.

I'm not sure they are for me, seems they are great for clouds but not so on taste, might be tempted to try one but I think they are party pieces to be honest.
I really need a two battery mod at the moment to pair up with the Ammit, I'm waiting for YiHi G class to come back into stock as I have a shop about 5 miles away that sell them.
Do like the larger mods though for home use.

Yeah great for home use and the big tanks can still be decent for flavour when find a sweet spot tfv8 is quite good but not on par with a good rda build.
Tank can wobble on the primus unless crank it down past point of when it should be on fine.

I'm curious how much juice everyone goes through.
I can easily get through 30ml in a day on my limitless plus. But I'm mixing my own now so cost isn't really an issue.

Depending on the atty I use I get between 5 and 10ml if I'm pushing it.
With the withdraw of nicotine in bulk and 75mg coming soon it will start to work out more in price.
If that happens we may well see a turn around where cloud chasers start to hunt attys with a tighter use of liquid. The only good news is less nicotine is used in the big boys compared to some. I started out at 35mg of nicotine when I had my Screwdriver and the plastic tank atty with a 3.2 resistance.

Depending on the atty I use I get between 5 and 10ml if I'm pushing it.
With the withdraw of nicotine in bulk and 75mg coming soon it will start to work out more in price.
If that happens we may well see a turn around where cloud chasers start to hunt attys with a tighter use of liquid. The only good news is less nicotine is used in the big boys compared to some. I started out at 35mg of nicotine when I had my Screwdriver and the plastic tank atty with a 3.2 resistance.

I can see more people starting to go the DIY route. I've got enough Nic stored now to last me another year and about 8 litres of juice steeping. The companies I use are also lining up 10ml shot bottles of Nic to get around the TPD. Will take about 10 shot bottles per 500ml I believe and will make it a bit pricier but still way cheaper than buying per-made premium juice.
I've no idea how cloud chasers afford buying pre-made juice...

I'm on 3mg now but looking to drop that, if I can get to zero nic eventually life will be much easier :)

Last edited:
I can see more people starting to go the DIY route. I've got enough Nic stored now to last me another year and about 8 litres of juice steeping. The companies I use are also lining up 10ml shot bottles of Nic to get around the TPD. Will take about 10 shot bottles per 500ml I believe and will make it a bit pricier but still way cheaper than buying per-made premium juice.
I've no idea how cloud chasers afford buying pre-made juice...

I'm on 3mg now but looking to drop that, if I can get to zero nic eventually life will be much easier :)

You are as bad as me :) I've 2 litres of nicotine stored and just open a 500ml one. It's so much cheaper.
Trouble is I keep forgetting I've a load in the freezer which is hidden away.

I got bored of diy and went back to buying and trying odd bottle from vapeclub and my heisenberg from local store i love.
When that is gone tho im gonna get some heisenberg concentrate from vamp vape and try that and ive got a Flawless, Aftermath blueberry donut juice to crack open next.

Ordered some T10 coils for my TFV8 as just swapped out for my last coil T8 last night.
I dont get all bad reviews for the tfv8 about leaking!. Are they all getting clones or something? Not a hint of leak anywhere and had mine months.

I got bored of diy and went back to buying and trying odd bottle from vapeclub and my heisenberg from local store i love.
When that is gone tho im gonna get some heisenberg concentrate from vamp vape and try that and ive got a Flawless, Aftermath blueberry donut juice to crack open next.

Ordered some T10 coils for my TFV8 as just swapped out for my last coil T8 last night.
I dont get all bad reviews for the tfv8 about leaking!. Are they all getting clones or something? Not a hint of leak anywhere and had mine months.

Some hate them and will chip on moan threads, some treat them badly and I bet some use a horrible PG mix and have no idea what it's all about. I'm sure some are just unlucky but if it works for you and you enjoy it then why not.

I'm tempted by the TFV12 and a GX350 mod mainly for sh*ts and giggles as its not a device I could slip in my pocket and go to the pub with but I've got an Alien with a big baby beast and also a V8 stick for that though.

I was going to hold out for the 400w mod that Smok are about to release but I think 350w is more than enough for the V12.

Yeah they can't do anywhere near the quoted max anyway. Pulled them numbers out their arse.
Im on a phase of my TFV8 these days love it.

When that is gone tho im gonna get some heisenberg concentrate from vamp vape
I've just sampled my batch of VV Heisenberg....ooh it's good

I've just sampled my batch of VV Heisenberg....ooh it's good
Not convinced will be as good as my local store it's amazing but will see. Hope so. What flavour % do you use?

Yeah they can't do anywhere near the quoted max anyway. Pulled them numbers out their arse.
Im on a phase of my TFV8 these days love it.

Haha have you seen some of the reviews where they try to hit over the 300w mark. They all say the same thing that's it's too hot for them but what they mean is it's too hot for anyone and hurts :)
Even with a 3 or 4 batt mod hitting 300w plus would soon drain the batts below the 300w.
I spotted an atty that can be used with 1 or 2 coils and that depending on the build can be used together or either one at a time which is a new one on me. Fasttech were out of stock when I last looked.

Haha have you seen some of the reviews where they try to hit over the 300w mark. They all say the same thing that's it's too hot for them but what they mean is it's too hot for anyone and hurts :)
Even with a 3 or 4 batt mod hitting 300w plus would soon drain the batts below the 300w.
I spotted an atty that can be used with 1 or 2 coils and that depending on the build can be used together or either one at a time which is a new one on me. Fasttech were out of stock when I last looked.
Yeah a big mod with 3 or 4 batts is good for life, lasts really well with my tfv8 at 120w.

Why cant we get much more powerfull 18650's at 5000mah? Single batt devices are pretty much useless unless at 30-40w.

Yeah a big mod with 3 or 4 batts is good for life, lasts really well with my tfv8 at 120w.

Why cant we get much more powerfull 18650's at 5000mah? Single batt devices are pretty much useless unless at 30-40w.

It would be nice :)
I've just single mods and the Rx200s and am thinking about a dual batt mod. At the moment if I'm round my friends all day I carry some in a battery case.

Not convinced will be as good as my local store it's amazing but will see. Hope so. What flavour % do you use?
Trust me its hard to mess up Heisenberg when DIYing due to how strong the flavour is.

I went with 20% flavour which was recommended by VV and it tastes great, possibly needs a a little steep to get a deeper flavour but might try 25% next time.

I've got about 120ml of other liquids to use first so by then it may of increased in flavour......that's if I don't just go for when my tank is empty as its my all time favorite ADV.

I've got a Smok G-Priv that came with a TFV8 tank.

I just got a TFV12 but haven't used it yet as I'm just using up the remaining coils I've got for the V8.

I'm not tempted at all. I don't get the cloud chasing thing. My room gets opaque very quickly, not ideal if you're trying to hide it. Street vaping is a nightmare! People may act like you're bombarding them with noxious fumes and I feel bad - however I can't control the wind and clouds travel far. And juice consumption is insane!!! I was buying premium juices for my pen to begin with - £15 for a bottle that lasted close to a month was manageable but now I could get through that in a weekend! I prefer the taste and the feel via the mod but not the price or the public reaction to the cloud!

I'm not tempted at all. I don't get the cloud chasing thing. My room gets opaque very quickly, not ideal if you're trying to hide it. Street vaping is a nightmare! People may act like you're bombarding them with noxious fumes and I feel bad - however I can't control the wind and clouds travel far. And juice consumption is insane!!! I was buying premium juices for my pen to begin with - £15 for a bottle that lasted close to a month was manageable but now I could get through that in a weekend! I prefer the taste and the feel via the mod but not the price or the public reaction to the cloud!

When I first started the vapour produced was very little and the nicotine levels were insanely high but now even basic attys produce more vapour hence why a lower nicotine level is required.
You can still get attys that sip away at the juice like the old kayfun if you prefer the mouth the lung hit and a more restricted airflow but the problem is if that will satisfy your personal preferences for warmth and throat hit.
I think most here use the big old sub tanks at home on a large mod and use a more adapt mod and atty when out and about.
Today I'm out working and I'll have my little VTC Mini and an Ammit atty. it's a single coil and has an Alien coil with a .51 resistance. This still gives me the warmth and hit and still produces a fairly dense vapour cloud.
Juice consumption is still fairly high and that's part of the parcel with such attys and it's the way the market has moved.
To be honest when I've seen others out and about vaping I've not noticed many with big old attys and mods, the cloud chasing market is not for everyone plus to be honest a cig gives off a lot less smoke but the smell is much stronger and it's that smell that draws people's attention.
As long as you use a bit of common sense there should be no problem vaping when out and about.

Even with a 3 or 4 batt mod Best Mechanical Mods in 2017-2018 example here hitting 300w plus would soon drain the batts below the 300w.

Here, the conversation concerns the preferences of each. But it seems to me that such a caliber would not be enough)

Yeah, same here. I couldn't get into the big clouds. After a lot of messing around with various options, I eventually ended up just using these Fantasia Disposable e hookah pens I read about here.

Holy 2+ year thread bump batman!

...and I still haven't a clue what the heck they're 'talking' about!

Sounds like they're inhaling nicotine from clouds of steam? But I can't work out why!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom