Big issue in my mind

M

mozzarella

Hi Guys,
really sorry if my english is not perfect, but I'm Italian so it isn't my mother language.

The problem its that I'm going to change my current AV amplifier with a new one.

Fixed a budget not over 1200 €, the doub is:

- Onkyo TX-SR803 or
- Yamaha RX-V2600
- Yamaha RX-V4600 (if my wife doesn't will kill me)

Thanks a lot

:lease:

welcome to the forums, I would go for the yamaha options, very good amps those. buy something for the wife to distract her from how much you have spent.:D :D

As some people pointed out to me , go have a listen. I did that yesterday and you can see from my signature, I have a new 4600. Get a friendly dealer, and arrange a listening seesion. I thook some music down, as I wanted to get better stereo sound also. The result was a 4600 £800 (€1120) And a new Cd [player.

Your ears will choose it for you. My wife wasn't too happy, however when her friends came round last night, she kept saying play this , play that.!!!!:smashin:

I am also looking to upgrade my system's stereo quality (at the moment I've got a Yamaha RXV630). From what I've read I think the advice is not to waste all your money on the receiver. If you want good stereo quality you'll need a dedicated amp.:smashin:

I actually upgraded my Yamaha 630 to the 4600. You are right if you want to go down seperate boxes than maybe keep your 630 and get a different Stereo amp. I wanted a 1 box solution, I found the 4600 pretty musical (to my ears)

MaiaMan said:
I am also looking to upgrade my system's stereo quality (at the moment I've got a Yamaha RXV630). From what I've read I think the advice is not to waste all your money on the receiver. If you want good stereo quality you'll need a dedicated amp.:smashin:

Thank you for all your comment, but due to lack of space I'm afraid I cannot go to separated comp.

Now in your opinion, extra power apart, it's worth spending 100-200 € extra for get a 4600 instead of a 2600.

What are the main differences?

mozzarella said:
Thank you for all your comment, but due to lack of space I'm afraid I cannot go to separated comp.

Now in your opinion, extra power apart, it's worth spending 100-200 € extra for get a 4600 instead of a 2600.

What are the main differences?

i had the same dilemia earlier - 2600 or 4600.
both actually share the same RMS power besides the general specs, except - only the 2600 has Video Upscaling to 720p/1080I, while the 4600 has i-Link (one cable digital-audio connection). so it all depends on your priorities - Video (upscaling)? or Audio (jitterless digital-audio signal transference = better sound, on top of cutting down cable cluster). in the end, i chose the 4600 as my top priority was HT sound and decent stereo playback. (maybe its just me but i always saw AV Amps as primarily audio components; besides my DVD player and plasma already having built-in video upscaling). but you'll be happy to know that both the 2600 and 4600 share similar sound quality. so it boils down to your priority for the 2 above-mentioned features. hope this helps. im very sure you'll be pleased with either of your 2 choices. cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom