BIG HELP needed on identifying a film!

Jordan

Standard Member
Hi,

The internet has solved SO many of the little things that have bugged me for years like song titles, movie titles etc.

So I was hoping someone can identify a film I saw as a child...

The story was about a group of people who were freinds as children. There is a flashback to when they were kids, they were playing some kind of game like ring-o-roses around an old bell tower, one of the kids (a girl in a red top) was in the middle of the ring under neath the hanging bell. The bell dropped and trapped the girl underneath, killing her. The story then goes on in the present day when the kids are all grown up, the dead girl tries to contact them, they see her in mirrors but all she says "Help me" to them. I think they eventually work out some way of laying her spirit to rest.

I know thats a vague description but Im hoping someone may know? I dont think it was a big film, it was more like one of them TV films you get on UKliving.

Anyone got any ideas?

Jordan

Jordan

Standard Member
Just found this on another board, think this is the film Im on about...

.....Posted by San @ 2003-10-14 11:07:02 EST (Serious)

I dunno what it's called, but I remember seeing a Disney movie from the sixties or seventies about some kids practicing witchcraft and one gets flung into another demension right before a bell falls on her. Twenty years later her friends get back together to try and bring her back from wherever she went. Anyone else remember this movie...

Dunno if thats any help?

Jordan

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I remember this. Isn't the whole premise that the modern day children think initially the house is haunted until they discover its actually the little girl trying to get back fro another dimension.

Jordan

Standard Member
MR D YOU ARE A LEGEND! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've just had a look round the net and that is DEFINATLY the film! :smashin:

That's been bugging me for YEARS! THANK YOU!!! :clap:

Gonna have to buy/rent it now definatly :D

Jordan

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Well its the IMDB that does it all really but there is a knack to inputting the search criteria! Helps if you remember seeing the film too.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
You need to try and specify something that will grab that particular film .

If you put in "haunted" you'll obviously get too many hits .

Put in haunted house andfyou'll get less hits but again too many especially if you are not too familiar with the film.

"haunted house girl" is enough to get this one in the first 17 hits.

If you get too specific with a less than well known film you won't get any hits.

For example I tried " bell tower haunted missing girl" first of all and I got zip.
"bell tower haunted" also got zip so I knew to drop the bell tower bit .