Big Fish 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I really like this film , and will pick it up at some point. It’s an expensive month so it’ll need to wait but looks like a very decent upgrade

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Or enter the competition: Win a copy of Big Fish on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

I'm sure you'd definitely win, then on the podcast we can read out that we gave the prize to one of the review team.
Just makes me wonder how much stuff actually gets sent to AV Towers to be offered up as competition prizes but never actually sees the light of day? :rotfl:

Anyway... Thanks for the review - sounds like a great 4K release. One of my favourite Burton films so I'll pick this up at some point once I have the funds for it. :)

Kotatsu Neko

I used to love Burton movies, from Pee Wee to Beetlejuice through Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow and of course Big Fish. It's really too bad to see what's he's become, to see him try and make franchise movies and failing completely. Dumbo was utterly terrible, and as for Planet of the Apes and Charlie and Chocloate Factory.... My word.

Big Fish though is wonderful, truly wonderful. If you love a good story told well by an artist at the height of his creative powers, you owe it to yourself to see it.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Not on my radar at all and had no intention of buying, whereas now you’ve convinced me @Casimir Harlow . Thanks.....I guess 🤔

Ossiepop

Now that you have reviewed both 'Big Fish' and 'Little Fish' Cas have you any plans on reviewing 'Cardboard Box-er' to complete the trilogy?

Last edited:

MrMrH

I adore this movie, it also came out just a few years after my dad passed away so it also hit me like a ton of bricks.

james03

He’s very rocks and diamonds, I love legend of sleepy hollow and then you have the likes of Charlie and the chocolate factory and the planet of the apes reboot which looks like it’s filmed on a parking lot.

Captain Ron

Love this film and will be buying it. My late father loved it too. In fact it's the only film he actually asked me to go with him to see it a second time although there were many down the years that I dragged him to more than once. He never complained. :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom