Big downgrade from Alpine IVA-D300RB to JVC or Kenwood?

Illjay

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I want to ask if it is a huge acustical downgrade from my half-broken 5-years-old Alpine IVA-D300RB to the JVC KD-PDR61 or the Kenwood KDC-W7541U.

I have an amp, subwoofer and the pre-amp of the Alpine which are alright but the radio itself is a little bit broken now. The left half of the touch screen is displaced to the left so that I can't use the left 1/6 of it which makes chosing track and album impossible.
And most CDs it doesn't load, and if it does, it is VERY slow.
So I want to buy a new for max 300€. But I think those are alright.

But is it acually a big downgrade from the sound?

Thanks for finally answering!!

I thought the same. So Alpine IS better in sound. I also thought about the Alpine CDA-9886R, which costs 300€ but I'm not sure.
I mostly wanted one that could also play DVDs but those are very expensive.

Can you recommend me one or are those not that bad at all?

I'm not sure if I should spend so much money for a "better" brand.

Thanks for finally answering!!

I thought the same. So Alpine IS better in sound. I also thought about the Alpine CDA-9886R, which costs 300€ but I'm not sure.
I mostly wanted one that could also play DVDs but those are very expensive.

Can you recommend me one or are those not that bad at all?

I'm not sure if I should spend so much money for a "better" brand.

Hi Illjay,

I have the Alpine CDA-9887R for sale. Just purchased the X100 which is why I'm selling it. Very good headunit, shame I no longer need it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760075

Cheby
:D

~JVC are actually good units, a different sound to ALpines not quite as harsh.

I can confirm that. JVC's are indeed great units. A friend has one in their Mitsubishi SpaceStar and it has undergone child-handling and is still in great shape, not to mention a brilliant sound output, with the use of the stock car speakers and sub.

One suggestion to you, steer clear of the Kenwood's range which includes a big dial control (which is good) which is also used as a joystick (which is bad). By that, I mean you move the joystick around like a PlayStation Analogue Control Stick, for different functions. That set of Kenwoods is a big NO from me ;)

Regards,

Mo.

JVCS are really good. I like their dsp functions. about a year ago my friend had installed a JVC and it runs good with Xplod system (still running good). he tried alpine with the xplod the base is not that promising.

to put a cat amonst the pigeons have you thought about a Nakamichi CD400 or CD500 amazing sound quality, and pop up on ebay now and then.

Or a Pioneer P88RS if you can find the MkI for a cheap price.

Excellent unit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom