BIG DECISION need some help here please !!!

J

juicer

Hi this is my first venture into the "LCD" market and with not a great budget,
I've narrowed my choice down to 2 sets which are the Toshiba 32WLT66,and the phillips 32PF7531D I could really do with some help on this one.

many thanks. :lease:

Thanks for getting in touch like I said my budget is round £600/700.

Thanks for getting in touch like I said my budget is round £600/700.

The 32wlt68 at about £625 might suit it has more connections and a slightly improved sound from the 32c3030d I previously mentioned.Personally I didnt think it was worth the extra,but then thats up to you..Both are much better than the older Tosh you considered

Many thanks for that I'll look into it,so that renders the phillips out of the running.

Many thanks for that I'll look into it,so that renders the phillips out of the running.

Perhaps someone else can give you an opinion on the Philips its just not one I am familiar with...Good luck

The 32wlt68 at about £625 might suit it has more connections and a slightly improved sound from the 32c3030d I previously mentioned.Personally I didnt think it was worth the extra,but then thats up to you..Both are much better than the older Tosh you considered

WLT68
has Active Vision M100 technology, which doubles the rate at which the signal is scanned by the television, effectively doubling the number of times the screen is refreshed in any given time period. Most televisions scan at 50Hz, whereas the WLT68 will scan at 100Hz. This will give a smoother, sharper, more lifelike picture, particularly from the integrated Freeview tuner. Active Vision M100 aims to eliminate that all too common LCD issue the motion smearing and motion blur.
The Dynamic backlight control tweaks the intensity of the backlight, it is constantly adjusted to create very deep black level. Has Stable Sound feature and separate bass.
_

Just two more questions for you guys 1.I've read that this model does not have a full hd panel,could someone explain what this means please and does it mean this set will have a short time span befor I would have to upgrade.
2.I listen to a lot of rock music and watch a lot of music vids which can be quite bass driven what is the sound quality like on this set.

Thanks

Just two more questions for you guys 1.I've read that this model does not have a full hd panel,could someone explain what this means please and does it mean this set will have a short time span befor I would have to upgrade.
2.I listen to a lot of rock music and watch a lot of music vids which can be quite bass driven what is the sound quality like on this set.

Thanks

'Full HD' means the TV has a 1920*1080 panel and can accept a 1080 signal with no re-scaling. This is not available on any 32" sets at present.

If you want a full HD TV then you will have to go to at least 37".

Toshiba have a new range coming out called the X series that have 1080 panels in them - though they will be out of your price range when they do appear.

You just don't need a 1080 panel on a 32" TV (which is why they dont make them) so just get the best 32" model you can afford.

If you watch a lot of standard definition TV (like Freeview or Sky) then the Toshiba 68 series is a good choice for the M100 technology - as mentioned above.

The C series is good value too - in fact you could probably get the 37" C series Toshiba for around £650 - which is good value imo.

Thanks for all your answers guys what is the sound quality like on these sets I,ve heard you can get a separate bass woofer is it worth spending the extra money.

Thanks for all your answers guys what is the sound quality like on these sets I,ve heard you can get a separate bass woofer is it worth spending the extra money.

The Toshiba 68 series has an Onkyo sound system which is about as good as it gets on a TV imo.

You could always get a Home Cinema 'all-in-one' sound system. They start at around £150 from richer sounds - and having 5.1 surround sound greatly enhances TV, DVD and games.

I know I sound like a total dummy but would the picture quality differ between the 32 and the 37.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom