1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big convergence problems on Toshiba 42WH46 RPTV!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by blue_harvester, May 20, 2005.

1. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I got my Toshiba 42WH46 RPTV two weeks ago it has been running fine, although the convergence of the red and blue wasn't that great, but I didn't mind as this could be fixed at a later date. However whilst watching TV last night the TV picture went all distorted as if the green convergence has fallen completely out of place! After about 10 or 15 minutes the TV started to come back to normal although the green is worse than it ever was.

Have any of you had experience with this? Should this worry me? I am going to carry out the Service Menu convergence tweaks within the next week, but do you think that's all this is convergence issue or could the set be faulty?

BTW this is my 4th RPTV in about 3 months, the previous 3 were the 42PW33 but they gave me a completely different problem so I decided to upgrade.

2. chaz 2112

chaz 2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    got my 42h46 today,had same probs as you with pw33,every thing ok at the mo so will keep an eye out for this problem.

3. chaz 2112

chaz 2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    day two and the yellow and blue patches have returned.given up on the idea now.

4. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No way man!! That's just not on! I've been lucky enough in that the patches have not returned on my WH46 set (touch wood), but this other convergence prob is worrying me slightly.

What are you gonna do? I wopuld seriously think about getting my money back, although if you're like me you'd be reluctant as I really love the TV apart from the problems and there is no way of getting another 42" set for that price.

5. chaz 2112

chaz 2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    yeah i'm the same,love the tv.don't know what to do now.gonna badger toshiba and see if they can give a reasonable explanation.

6. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck with that, let me know if you find out anything. I know the "engineers" that Curry's send out are absolutely useless!!

7. chaz 2112

chaz 2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    have been informed that this problem(patches on screen) is due to the intensity of the blue bulb and there is no fix for it.