Big city hell

^Controversial but the sooner the police get guns the better.

This must've been scary...

Better news is WM Police have found the 100th chop shop this year..
not so good is it looks to have made no difference

Is it time to have parents punished for the actions of their children? I think so then maybe kids like these would think twice.

Well I live on the edge of zone 1 in London, and I love it. I love it for its world class art galleries, many with free access and exhibitions, the same for the Museums, beautiful parks, the best concert venues which attract every top musician and band going, the Barbican Centre for its LSO concerts, the Westend for its theatres with the latest plays and musicals, I used to make the most of the nightlife and regularly went clubbing in the terrific variety of nightclubs and bars. I don't need a car and can cycle most places I want to visit and although the public transport is expensive, the tubes and buses are so regular and quick. Farmers' markets and every type of restaurant you could imagine.

There's so much more to London than just the negatives being discussed in this thread.

We are short thousands of police officers, it will take time to recruit and train them.

Just another day in Birmingham. Shocking video enclosed.

Throughout lockdown the violence has still been there and looks to have increased recently. Last weekend there was a knife attack, an axe attack and a couple of shootings. There was also a shooting on Wednesday...

Add to them the increased violent house invasions, burglaries, car thefts and with the masses who are going to be out work due to the virus, of which some will likely be led to a life of crime and violence, the future is bleak.

I would bet a lot of the country doesn't know half of what's going on in the big cities because, apart from the occasional report from London, it's never on the national news.

Lived in Birmingham my entire life, I’ve grown to loathe the place. My partner and I can’t wait to leave.

Lived in Birmingham my entire life, I’ve grown to loathe the place. My partner and I can’t wait to leave.
Same here.

My lads went for a walk to the park Thursday and looks like they got lucky because the dregs of society were out in force in and around the park knowing there would be loads of people to choose from.

I lived In Dudley which is near west brom and my wife worked in Birmingham at all the worst schools.
I used to worry about her every day. Glad we are out of there now. Never been happier and should of done it years ago.

It's getting worse with shootings now seemingly as common as stabbings. Even the lockdowns didn't stop violence on the streets.

Some of news from today in Birmingham...

It's getting worse with shootings now seemingly as common as stabbings. Even the lockdowns didn't stop violence on the streets.

Some of news from today in Birmingham...

Just get out. Its never too early or too late.

Our life since we moved into Telford is just so much better and its not very far at all from Brum if you commute by car or train.
I still sometimes work out of Kitts Green and its no real hassle travel wise.
Even shopping is a pleasure. There's not much traffic and the people are just 'better'.

My mate went to the local news agents when he came to visit 'went to get fags' and when he came back he was shocked when the lady had left him all alone in the shop while she just nipped next door to get something.

Just get out. Its never too early or too late.

Our life since we moved into Telford is just so much better and its not very far at all from Brum if you commute by car or train.
I still sometimes work out of Kitts Green and its no real hassle travel wise.
Even shopping is a pleasure. There's not much traffic and the people are just 'better'.

My mate went to the local news agents when he came to visit 'went to get fags' and when he came back he was shocked when the lady had left him all alone in the shop while she just nipped next door to get something.
It's still the plan to move out but we need to stay for now to be close to my father in law.

Nearly all the people we know have now moved out of Brum. I think the time has long gone for anything to be done to improve things.

Change the demographic, change the city.

(Is that PC enough??)

Well I live on the edge of zone 1 in London, and I love it. I love it for its world class art galleries, many with free access and exhibitions, the same for the Museums, beautiful parks, the best concert venues which attract every top musician and band going, the Barbican Centre for its LSO concerts, the Westend for its theatres with the latest plays and musicals, I used to make the most of the nightlife and regularly went clubbing in the terrific variety of nightclubs and bars. I don't need a car and can cycle most places I want to visit and although the public transport is expensive, the tubes and buses are so regular and quick. Farmers' markets and every type of restaurant you could imagine.

There's so much more to London than just the negatives being discussed in this thread.
Of course, since I wrote the comment above the world turned on its head and every one of the things that makes living in London stopped. :( Hopefully we're just starting to get back these wonderful things and life will return to our cities soon.

Is the level of constant violence, that is happening in Birmingham, the same in other big cities?

It's relentless. Todays news and it's only dinnertime...

I always wanted move back to Birmingham but think I'll keep trying to move to the coast!

I just loved the vibe and how multicultural it was but seems like it wouldn't be a good idea.

I always wanted move back to Birmingham but think I'll keep trying to move to the coast!

I just loved the vibe and how multicultural it was but seems like it wouldn't be a good idea.
I wouldn't even recommend my worst enemy moving to Brum. Some of the outskirt areas are ok but even then there is a high level of crime. Some of the stuff you read on the local group pages is shocking like kids being mugged on their way to and from school, dogs being violently snatched and people knocking on doors of an evening hoping someone answers so they can barge in and burgle you.

Moving to the coast sounds a dream.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom