Big Big Big TV

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Member 328449, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Member 328449

Member 328449

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +342
    So I've been looking on and off for a new TV for a little while and I think I'm almost ready to upgrade. However, I'm wanting a TV which is at least 80 inches, and there's not much in the way of reviews at this size. I'll have around £5k to spend, although I'll probably be looking to get a new receiver and Sky Q as well to make the most of 4k. If I can control via Alexa that would be a bonus. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Edit. My main uses will be football, as well as shows on Netflix and Sky.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,362
    Samsung 82MU7000 seems like the only reasonable one I can see?

No TV has control via alexa but you can use a fire TV device to integrate that.

3. Member 328449

Member 328449

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +342
    I saw that before but there's hardly anything about it online. Might have to find somewhere to have a look at it.

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,362
    You won't find anything at that kind of size reviewed online, maybe a few 75" reviews but they are usually only for higher end models.

It will perform similar to the MU7000 at other sizes though, it sits in the mid range which makes it a good TV for motion if you want to use motion enhancements but falls short with HDR as there's no high peak brightness or local dimming.

Screen uniformity, like any TV is a bit of a lottery though, but I'd be saying the same if you were buying a 32" TV.